Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions for Article Suggestions

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #820

• Andy
  • Guest Member
Loving the potential of the Article Suggestions Module now that I've got it up and running....

Can I put forward some bug fix requests / suggestions to help take it to another level...

a) The 'Show Intro' option currently seems to only apply to 'Related Articles' and not 'Author Articles' - Surely should apply to both?

b) Please could the 'Author articles' retreived be in Random order - Otherwise I'm always getting the same ones back

c) I apply the Module to Menu Items which are Section / Category Blog views - Whilst it works on the articles within those area - On the actual Category or Section view it breaks down and errors because it doesn't know who the 'author' is (obviously there isn't one on that view!) - I know other modules that try to do what Article Suggestions does have a 'Show Only in Article View' option which would fix this issue

d) Wish-List Item - Could there be 'Filter by Section' Yes / No and a 'Filter by Category' Tes / No options... Again I've seen this in another product and if activated the articles retreived would be limited to just the current Cat / Section being viewed.

What do you think? Thanks for reading!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #822

• Maverick
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 739
Hello Andy,

Let us start with bugs/issues.

1. The intro is available for both. Is there something went wrong? Could you please check once again?

2. Could you please let me know what errors you are getting when published in category pages? The check you mentioned is already there.

3. Will add randomness to author articles selection.

4. Did you mean if selected, displays the articles from only the category/section of the currently displaying article?
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).
Community PollsCommunity AnswersCommunity QuizCommunity QuotesCommunity Surveys
Community CrosswordsGPS ToolsArticle SuggestionsCjBlog

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #824

• Andy
  • Guest Member
Wow - That was a quick reply! OK dealing with the points in turn below... In case you need to check anything, I'll also reactivate the Admin access I provided CoreJoomla with yesterday to help me solve another issue I had.

Oh yes and I did have one other thought - Not wanting to push my luck too far :lol: - but would be great if the 'Most Popular' articles could have a time config option (ie Most Popular in the last x number of days)

1) I'm certainly not seeing Intro text on the Author articles... See it instaled at left column (I know there's not space for 2 tabs - redesigning soon!) on http://www.caymanactive.com/health/nutr ... hole-foods - and in the back-end 'Show Intro' is set to on

2) Then in IE on the Category Blog view page http://www.caymanactive.com/health/nutrition - you see a small container in the left column where the module content would be (not a major issue) but also get a JS error showing... details of which are...

Line: 27
Char: 17
Code: 0
URI: http://www.caymanactive.com/media/system/js/tabs.js

Line: 59
Char: 102
Code: 0
URI: http://www.caymanactive.com/media/system/js/mootools.js

3) GREAT!

4) Yes that was the idea - Allowing the module to be deployed across an entire site without having to create numerous versions of it in the cases where you wanted to limit article suggestions to the cat or section the user is in (because even if title text matches, it might not really be an appropriate content match as close as the same Sec / Cat may be)

Thanks a million for considering these things!

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #825

• Andy
  • Guest Member
Noticed as well as the Avatars, the tooltip is the UserName - Not sure if everyone would agree, but for me Real Name would be far more appropriate... I'm guessing that I could fix that with a simple hack somewhere? Or if you think others would benefit too (I do!) then maybe that's a future config option too? Thanks!

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #826

• Maverick
  • Developer
I will look into the issues and would add the feature requested in point 4.

Btw.. the user name is controlled by your JomSocial avatar, there is nothing to do with the module. Please check the username setting in JomSocial.
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #837

• Andy
  • Guest Member
Hi Maverick - Noticed that 'Article Suggestions' has no 'Module Class Suffix' option in the back-end options like most modules have to enable a custom style...

Is there a technical reason for that, or can it be added?

Thanks - Hope you'll find time to tackle the above too. The Javascript error problem report in this thread is now stopping another module (an ajax search) from working :(

Keep up the good work.... :D

Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 11 months ago #852

• Maverick
  • Developer
There was no technical reason for that.. It was just an incidental.. I will add that.

Re: Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #2957

• John
  • User
Regarding #4, I could really use this if it was developed further. I would love it to define which which categories to include or exclude based on which category you are on.

I just bought the product, and it works great! This additional feature would make it killer.

Re: Suggestions for Article Suggestions 3 years 5 months ago #2962

• Maverick
  • Developer
Hello John,

Please post your feature request on tracker:

www.corejoomla.com/bug-tracker.html

It is really difficult to remember everything posted on forums
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds