Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please do not post off-topics

TOPIC: Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz

Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz 1 year 11 months ago #10713

• Rob
  • User
I have seen this community quiz working in a demo site. I have a couple of questions.

When the module is used I see that on the web page it displays the question and you have to click on the question to get further into the quiz. Then another page comes up with two buttons on it, Home and Continue. Then once you click Continue you can get to the actual quiz where you enter your answers. Is there a way to get that final quiz page to appear right on the front page where the module currently shows? I would still want the Hits counter to display and the timer as well. We want to offer a question (quiz) of the day option within our website and a conter that removes that quiz question after 24hours.

Can you explain how you would go about making the full question with the answer choices display right inside of the module?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz 1 year 11 months ago #10722

• Maverick
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 739
Looks like you are looking at what community polls is doing. Showing question like the one you can see left side here.
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).
Community PollsCommunity AnswersCommunity QuizCommunity QuotesCommunity Surveys
Community CrosswordsGPS ToolsArticle SuggestionsCjBlog

Re: Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz 1 year 11 months ago #10735

• Rob
  • User
What we have on our site is JomSocial so we want to offer a question of the day right above the profile page. With this question of the day we want to allow anyone to answer the question and if they get it right they get points added to their JomSocial profile. The users can get points for doing other things as well. Once they get enough points they can trade the points for awards/gifts.

The polls I am not sure works the same way. For example there is a timer on the question of the day in the quiz product. We want to set a question of the day and have it only available for 24 hours.

I am not sure the poll product will do what the current quiz product does. Plus we cannot or do not want to display the quiz or poll as a module on the right or left. We need it right above the JomSocial profile page content.

Re: Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz 1 year 11 months ago #10739

• Maverick
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 739
Rob, the timer you see in quiz is specific to the response that the user is responding to. In your case the the question of the day should have a close time limit which is applicable for all users. So the poll closing date is the correct option for that. Community Polls allows you to close the poll for accepting answers after specified date, quiz will not do.

However, displaying the timer is not available in polls which is available only in quiz. Also if you would like to display the link to the question of the day page on top of profile page, jomsocial should support it. Check if JomSocial has any custom module position in that place so that you can publish the link there.

For quiz, the intro page is mandatory, but can be overridden with some hacks. I can help with that if you want to go with only quiz component.
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).
Community PollsCommunity AnswersCommunity QuizCommunity QuotesCommunity Surveys
Community CrosswordsGPS ToolsArticle SuggestionsCjBlog

Re: Remove interim page before getting to actual quiz 1 year 11 months ago #10748

• Rob
  • User
So far the quiz looks promising. So I am trying to find out what would need to be done to have the quiz with the multiple choice answers all together on the front page of a jomsocial page. We want the quiz of the day to sit at the top of every jomsocial page. From what I can see right now you get the module showing on the front page of every jomsocial page but it does not show the full quiz with the answer choices on it. Then you have to click on the question to get to a page and click again to get to that final page to get the quiz with teh answer choices. What file needs to be modified to get rid of that page that stops you before you get to the full quiz? Is it possible to also get that same quiz page with the answer choices on it inside of the module so that it displays in full quiz view throughout the joomla site?
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds