Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please DO NOT post any feature requests here. Use Tracker for any feature requests or bug reports. However, you can discuss any bugs here before posting to tracker to avoid NOT A BUG reports.

TOPIC: Avatar

Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11048

• Alan
  • User
Is it possible to remove the avatar?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11050

• Maverick
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 739
Did you mean author avatar? You can edit the template file and remove it (components/com_communityquotes/templates/default). Let me know if you need any help.
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).
Community PollsCommunity AnswersCommunity QuizCommunity QuotesCommunity Surveys
Community CrosswordsGPS ToolsArticle SuggestionsCjBlog

Re: Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11068

• Alan
  • User
Yes, I mean the author avatar - I would like to remove it from the quote box in the randome quote module. This (components/com_communityquotes/templates/default) is actually a directory, not a file, I have been through all the files in this directory and all seem to reference an author avatar, I could try to remove all references to author avatar but I'm sure that is not the way to do it. I guess I can add some kind of generic image there, too bad though. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11071

• Maverick
  • Developer
The directory is the template directory where you can find all template files. And you need to edit those.

But since you need to remove the avatar from random quote module this is not the place for it.

Remove below code
modules/mod_randomquotes/tmpl/default.php
<div class="quote-avatar">
		<?php
		if(JFile::exists(JPATH_ROOT.DS.'media'.DS.'communityquotes'.DS.'images'.DS.$quote->avatar)){
			$avatar = $q_root_path_uri.'/media/communityquotes/images/'.$quote->avatar;
		}else{
			$avatar = $q_root_path_uri.'/components/com_communityquotes/assets/images/default_avatar.png';
		}
		$avatar = JHTML::image($avatar, $quote->author_name, 'height="48px" width="48px"');
		echo JHTML::link(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_communityquotes&view=quotes&task=aprofile&id='.$quote->author.':'.$quote->author_alias.$rq_itemid), $avatar);
		?>
	</div>
If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory (direct links are given below).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

Re: Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11082

• Alan
  • User
Thanks, that worked great - I assume I can remove the same code if I decide to remove the avatar from the component as well. Let me know if this is not correct. Thanks again!

Re: Avatar 1 year 10 months ago #11085

• Maverick
  • Developer
Yes, its almost same.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds