Category: Community Quotes 3 years ago
Is it possible to remove the avatar?
  • Re: Avatar

by » 3 years ago

Did you mean author avatar? You can edit the template file and remove it (components/com_communityquotes/templates/default). Let me know if you need any help.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | Crosswords | GPS Tools | Article Suggestions | CjBlog

by » 3 years ago

Yes, I mean the author avatar - I would like to remove it from the quote box in the randome quote module. This (components/com_communityquotes/templates/default) is actually a directory, not a file, I have been through all the files in this directory and all seem to reference an author avatar, I could try to remove all references to author avatar but I'm sure that is not the way to do it. I guess I can add some kind of generic image there, too bad though. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

by » 3 years ago

The directory is the template directory where you can find all template files. And you need to edit those.

But since you need to remove the avatar from random quote module this is not the place for it.

Remove below code
    modules/mod_randomquotes/tmpl/default.php
    	<div class="quote-avatar">
    <?php
    if(JFile::exists(JPATH_ROOT.DS.'media'.DS.'communityquotes'.DS.'images'.DS.$quote->avatar)){
    $avatar = $q_root_path_uri.'/media/communityquotes/images/'.$quote->avatar;
    }else{
    $avatar = $q_root_path_uri.'/components/com_communityquotes/assets/images/default_avatar.png';
    }
    $avatar = JHTML::image($avatar, $quote->author_name, 'height="48px" width="48px"');
    echo JHTML::link(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_communityquotes&view=quotes&task=aprofile&id='.$quote->author.':'.$quote->author_alias.$rq_itemid), $avatar);
    ?>
    </div>

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | Crosswords | GPS Tools | Article Suggestions | CjBlog

Thank you said by: Alan

by » 3 years ago

Thanks, that worked great - I assume I can remove the same code if I decide to remove the avatar from the component as well. Let me know if this is not correct. Thanks again!

by » 3 years ago

Yes, its almost same.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.