hello

the community quizzes component looks to be almost exactly what we are looking for, but there is one piece missing

our vision is to have the quiz integrated with acymailing autoresponder campaigns, so that:

a) when the quiz is completed the user is added to an acymailing list. (this may already be possible if the client is registered to the site via the submission process? (ie does the client have to register to the site THEN take the test, or can the client be added as a user at the time of submission - related - can the user be added to a specific user group depending on the quiz they submit?)

b) ideally the results of the quiz would be included in the first acymailing autoresponse (sent upon quiz submission)
it is ok if the full results are sent as an attachment using the existing certificate templates format - acymailing is set up to send attachments, but there needs to be a way of telling acymailing specifically which (users) attachment to send.
*bonus points if a simple 'pass/fail, or the actual test score is included in the body of the acymail email (eg you passed with a score of 85%!)

How much / how long would it take to add these features?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Acymailing Integration

by » 3 years ago

This can be easily added using plugin events, if you know how to develop Joomla plugins.

http://wiki.corejoomla.com/Extending_Community_Quiz_using_plugin_events

The component triggers events in all such cases and you can develop a small plugin to automatically add user to users list and trigger an email via acymailing.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 3 years ago

that is exactly what I wanted to hear - do you do such plugin development?

by » 3 years ago

looking deeper in the forum I see there is already an acymailing plugin developed for the surveys component - Could we maybe just modify that plugin to send quiz results instead of surveys?

If so how much would it cost?

by » 3 years ago

I can add the support for sending email using AcyMailing just like the way it is being done on surveys. Of course not for money or custom development, but will add it in component itself.

Adding user to a specific user list is already possible via Joomla registration form, please check your acymailing documentation.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

by » 3 years ago

"I can add the support for sending email using AcyMailing just like the way it is being done on surveys. Of course not for money or custom development, but will add it in component itself."

That is awesome! questions

a )- will it be possible to either attach or insert the results of the quiz into the acymailing newsaletter (I see in the surveys plugin it inserts the survey itself not the results of the survey the plugin sends)

b) if I have more than 1 quiz is it possible to add user to quiz-specific user group  upon submission? (ie if they do quiz 1 they are added to user group quiz 1, if if they do quiz 2 they are added to user group quiz 2)

I am meeting with client this am - pretty sure this is the route we are going to go - thank you!!!

by » 3 years ago

I just bought the component!

client is very excited

- any eta on how long it will take to add the acymailing integration?

- if i go ahead ans start setting up quizes etc, will I be able to just install the integrated version oas an update or should I wait?

by » 3 years ago

a )- will it be possible to either attach or insert the results of the quiz into the acymailing newsaletter (I see in the surveys plugin it inserts the survey itself not the results of the survey the plugin sends)

I need to investigate if it is really supported by acymailing or not. If supported, I can attach user response to the email as pdf. Otherwise only url of the result can be added in the email.

b) if I have more than 1 quiz is it possible to add user to quiz-specific user group  upon submission? (ie if they do quiz 1 they are added to user group quiz 1, if if they do quiz 2 they are added to user group quiz 2)

Are you referring to Joomla user group or acymailing? Joomla user group - possible, acymailing user list - I think it is possible but need to check acymailing documentation.

c) any eta on how long it will take to add the acymailing integration?

I already started development, but there is no release planned this month. Expect somewhere in the beginning of May.

d) if i go ahead ans start setting up quizes etc, will I be able to just install the integrated version oas an update or should I wait?

You should be able to update just like Joomla.

by » 3 years ago

a) excellent, obviously getting the results in the email is best , but a link would be ok to at least get us started

b) I believe it is possible to have users from specific user groups added to specific acymailing lists automatically  - so if the quizzes component can add submitters to joomla user group I think i can make that work

c) awesome! thanks again

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.