I have just upgraded to Joomla 1.7 due to the security announcement they made a couple of days ago.

Please could you indicate whether your components are compatible with 1.7 and whether you know of any potential issues (if so please could you indicate if and when they might be fixed?)...

Many thanks!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Is there any know issues with Joomla 1.7??

by » 10 years ago

There are no potential issues I found till now. I am testing it with the latest version. There shouldn't be any issues as there are no major modifications from 1.6 to 1.7.
    CA_Post_Install.GIF (You do not have access to download this file.)

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

by » 10 years ago

Some errors are received upon installation in CA for Joomla 1.7.0.
    Installation can't write the component id to component_id field. Doing so manually via db outputs "403 - An error has occurred. Access Forbidden. Error code: 10001" error this time.
    Version reads 1.6.4 although I have installed 1.6.5
    There are still untranslated strings that are common in every CA release.

UPDATE:
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled the component and all problems reported above have disappeared.
    I don't know why though.

by » 10 years ago

The above mentioned issue is known issue in Joomla 1.6 as well, the issue is it is unable to build the menu tree. It does not have anything to do with CA. Just remove the component and install it again and it will work fine.

I do not know exact steps to reproduce this, but have encountered with many apps on Joomla 1.6. reinstallation is the solution I know so far.

The untranslated strings should there only on backend. All front-end strings are already translated. Let me know if any you find and I will make changes to them.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    SurveysCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools | Sociable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.