some feedback on main functionality

alan cast
alan cast
  • alan cast
  • 11 months ago
My dear friend Maverick, thank you for this free system, I hope it will be useful for many good deeds.
Some suggestions:

Installation, docs, plugin config:

1. Cool if it's possible to install only parts of the CjBlog package, e.g. without Kunena, Points & Badges. I don't need Points & Badges (though maybe I'll add Kunena later), as my site is about modesty and overcoming of ego-illusion. So all our users will have equal and clean profiles.
If the separate install is OK, you might mention it in the Novice docs.

2. Though I didn't publish Badges plugin, I see "Badges" in the author module, e.g. in Profile and at the bottom of the articles. It's logical to remove it if badges aren't in use.

Article view:

3. Rating stars didn't work at the "top of the article" div, though it did worked at the bottom div.

(I had not published plugins "Badges" & "Kunena", the other 3 were On).

Profile:

4. In my blogger-profile, I see the same result for pressing both links "Visit My blog" and "My articles". This result is that I just stay on the same page, blogger-profile. That's not bad, just these links are both not necessary.
Again, "My Badges" link shouldn't exist there for me at all.

5. My blogger profile link looks like
blogger-profile/788-mylogin
but I'd like it to be just
blogger-profile/788
because I don't want to show any user login names (I set Joomla to show "human names"). AFAIK, it's good for security that hackers could not easily know the login name of administrator.

"Blogs" view:

6. I can't get rid of the "Latest Articles" header, because this menu-item settings are only for the rendering of the individual articles' headings.

7. There weren't shown "Rating" & "Publication data", despite the menu item settings. Maybe "Publication data" was not shown because of general Joomla settings for these articles, but then why it is shown in the Article view (on a top module, that with author avatar) and not shown in Blog view?
And why Rating not shown, anyway?

8. The intro texts of articles in Blog view was usually limited to just 1 word. I don't understand why. Though I didn't set in my articles which parts will be specifically for intro text (I mean I didn't set intro text explicitly).
Still, if 1 word is however shown, then it's too few.

Resume:

Well, I hope my feedback might help you at least partially.
Generally, your system is very nice-looking, and I'm glad to find it!
Maybe I would move "Powered by CjBlog" from content area to the footer, but that's not a problem. I also didn't see icons for Start - Previous - Next - Last in the Blogs page, but probably it's intended, as I had only 1 page at the time of testing.

So, thank you, friend!
I'm not ready to decide, is CjBlog will stay on my site or not, as I even don't have commenting system and PM yet, but I wish you continue giving your time and efforts to the world that we'd like to live in.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 6 of 6 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai