Customizations and the blog feel

Royal Trude
Royal Trude
  • Royal Trude
  • 11 months ago
#1 concern: from admins point of view, the blog, as it is defined now in CjBlog, is no different than Joomla's internal article submission.

The reasons:

1. There's no strict line in CjBlog's submission between blogs and site content articles. To establish such a line, blogs should be allowed to be added to one category only (to a category which belongs to the user him-/herself and the child categories) e.g.
  • blogs/RoyalTrude
  • blogs/RoyalTrude/fishing
  • blogs/RoyalTrude/not-fishing
  • blogs/RoyalTrude/fish-cooking

2. Customization
If one creates a blog, then it should stand out. I would add pics of my biggest fish to my blog site, the background pic on my blog articles would be the most gorgeous arctic char or the most beautiful mountain stream up there and people would remember me by it. And I would be much happier submitting articles. A mere avatar simply doesn't cut it.

3. Timeline
Module that lists my articles as a timeline, similar manner as worldpress or any other blog site.

I could go on, but I hope you get my drift from these mere 3 reasons above. Without fulfilling those you can't really call CjBlog a blog component.

Cheers!

p.s I like the component as a basic article submission tool though! :)

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 5 of 5 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai