Social Sharing button in CJBlog holding us back...

ruud
ruud
  • ruud
  • 9 months ago

Hi,

I love tha fact that CJBlog has integrated social sharing buttons, but although we did a quick-fix to start them synchoniously, they are still a huge cause of people abandaning my site earlier.

This has nothing to do with CJBlog but with the sharethis script...

There are two problems with it:

1. It is to slow (which we partly fixed with the sync setting)
  2. it deforms temporarily the website because when it starts to load the facebook button it streched the containing div to the max size needed for the facebook comment field), to shortly after shrink it again.

The first is bad for my pagespeed > and therefore SEO!

the second is bad because it makes it almost impossible to read a blog without starting over again because the blog text shifts down and up again.

So... I found this (which is going to be used by the Kunena team): http://js-socials.com/

This looks awesome! and is fully configurable via css etc.

I am willing to replace the current sharethis code in CJBlog with this code and do the configuration of the buttons via the cjblog config screen...

But for me it is important that these changes get adopted as part of the main release, otherwise with every new release I have to redo and test everything over and over again :)

So (Maverick), what do you think?

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 8 of 8 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai