In my usage of CJBlog,

When  any particular blog article is viewed, then the corresponding blog author is known & it is show.

Is there any way to display the Bloggers profile in module?

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: User Profile module for Blog author

by » one year ago

Modules are supposed to show limited information, for example on the sidebar. Profile page cannot be fit into a module.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » one year ago

Is there any other way?

Is there a plugin which can insert the blog authors profile at the end of the blog article?

by » one year ago

By default, author name, avatar, about text is shown at the end of article. Make sure you have enabled cjblog content plugin.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » one year ago

I enabled the CJBlog content plugin. It displays the author, the author name - and these are displayed at the top of the blog article. The About text is not displayed.

by » one year ago

Follow these instructions.

1. Enable "Show Article Info" option in CjBlog options. You can set this to Bottom, Top or both.

2. Enable "Pro-Capabilities" permission in CjBlog permission settings

by » one year ago

Thanks.

I was abe to get the avatar to display at the bottom.

However the user About text still does not display even after setting the permissions of Allow Pro-Capabilities.

Check attached images.

Could this be because the About Text app is set to CJBlog where as User Profile system is set to CJForum? (Check attached image).

Since I have set user profile system as CJForum, the about text is already populated over there and hence there is not about text through the CJBlog profile system.

Another question

I noticed that the user avatar & related display gets activated for all the articles on my website - not just the ones under the category I have chosen for Blogs component.

Is there any option that it will be active only for the Categories that are included in the CJBlog component?

Alternatively - Is there any other insertable plug-in - plugin which you insert into specific articles using {cjblogauthor}{/cjblogauthor}

If the plug in is insertable, and it automatically picks up the author of the article as the user to default to then I could insert it into a module and display the module only under my cjblog related menu. I could use a module position which gives full page width view.

Thanks for the support.

29344_2_Untitled-1.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
    29344_2_Untitled-2.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
    29344_2_Untitled-3.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » one year ago

1. Added the support for CjForum about text in the github repository. You can takeover the files from GitHub.

administrator/components/com_cjblog/config.xml 
    plugins/content/cjblog/cjblog.php

2. CjBlog styling is applied only to the categories which are not selected in "Excluded Categories" option. Go to Components -> CjBlog -> Click on Options button on toolbar -> Categories tab.

by » one year ago

I took the two files from github and copied them to my server.

Got it.

Works. I had to clear cache

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.