selecting categories to display

ruud
ruud
  • ruud
  • 11 months ago
Hi,
Thanks for developing this great Joomla addon!
I am in the process of reviewing if it will be a component that I can use on my website. Running into some question that I would like to post here.
1. On my frontpage I would like to have an overview of the last x (eg 5) articles. What I do now is that I make these articles 'featured' and than have the homepage display these featured articles.
With CJBlog I'm using the 'CJBlog Artocles layout for my frontpage, but this displays all articles (with 20 on the page). Is it possible to only display x articles or even better to display only featured articles?

2. I have two menu entries: 'test 1' and 'test 2', for test 1 I now have the category layout only showing test 1 category and subcategories same for test 2. Is it possible for the CBlog Categories Layout to only show test 1 categories and for menu test 2 the test 2 categories?

3. Is it possible to also include in the CJBlog category Layout to display not only the description of the 'root' category but also of the sub-categories?

4. My current website already has a lot of stats and info. Is it possible (and if so how) to have CJBlog respect these stats? e.g. when I create a rule for the badge 'top writer' is it possible to generate cjblog stats recursively or does count start after creating the badge? (same for e.g. point rewarded for kunena messages, thank you's etc.)

Hope somebody can help,
regards,
Ruud.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 4 of 4 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai