Missing further CjBlog documentation...

mbexel
mbexel
  • mbexel
  • 11 months ago
Hello,

I am trying out CjBlog on a local Joomla! 3.1.5 installation, using standard protostar site template.
I am not very happy with the documentation, as it is mostly guesswork to get anything working:
1) First of all, the following is not true: " By default CjBlog installer creates a menu "CjBlog" with all the required menu items "
Therefore I created a menu BlogsHiddenMenu, in which I put the items mentioned in this documentation:
"Here are the list of menu items and their functions ( Name (alias) - functionality).
Categories (categories) - Displays the categories table.
Articles (articles) - Displays articles listings including latest, trending and popular articles listings.
Bloggers (bloggers) - Displays the list of bloggers - latest and popular
Badges (badges) - Displays all available badges by component
Points (points) - Displays user points - should be set to registered user access level, not public
Blog (blog) - Forms the urls for user blogs
Form (form) - Displays front-end article submission form"

-- as item types are not defined, I tried the following:
Categories item type=CjBlog >CjBlog Categories Layout
Articles item type=CjBlog > CjBlog Articles Layout
Bloggers item type= CjBlog >CjBlog Users Layout
Badges item type=CjBlog >Badges Layout
Points item type= CjBlog User Layout -- not sure???
Blog item type=CjBlog > Blog Layout -- not sure???
Form item type=CjBlog > CjBlog Article Form Layout

-- to get it going, I added in my Main menu (named Accueil), an item with title Blogs,
with item type=CjBlog > CjBlog Users Layout , so it is equivalent to Bloggers above

-- as I could not get hold of Profile item otherwise, I added a submenu to Blogs:
Blogs>Profile, of item type=CjBlog User Profile Layout (I must be missing something here!).

2) There are a number of problems with this result:
2.1) the CjBlog's implicit horizontal menu (with items Categories, Bloggers, Tags, Discovery>, Account> ) does
not mesh correctly with default protostar menus, as can be seen from this captured image
(attachment=problem_CjBlog_menu.JPG)
2.2) The Bloggers display lacks links to blogger profiles (same attachment)
2.3) in the Account>My Blog display, there is a Profile link, that does not work: see
attachment=problem_userProfileLinks.JPG
2.4) the Account>My profile link does not work, see attachment=problem_Account-menu-item-My Profile.jpg

I also compared with the example site http://www.boddunan.com/bloggers.html (are there by the way any other example sites?), and obviously I got a number of things missing and/or wrong.
I wish some standard procedure should be outlined to get everything working correctly.
Also, there should be a way to parameterize the CjBlog's implicit horizontal menu, to make it mesh correctly
with such standard templates as is protostar.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 3 of 3 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai