Import Easyblog articles?

Category: CjBlog 4 years ago

Hi,

I am looking at migrating a Joomla site because they want the same awesome user experience I have with my sites.

The site is using Easyblog and has 1200+ articles. Easyblog has a feature to import joomla articles, but no export function of these articles.

What would be the best way (with the least amount of work) to transfer the Easyblog articles over to Joomla articles so we can use CJBlog?

Any tips are welcome :)

Sharing = Caring ㋛

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Import Easyblog articles?

by » 4 years ago

Can you send me EasyBlog database structure so that I can check if this is possible.

And remember you will loose some fine grained details when you are migrating from one system to other system. For example any features supported by EasyBlog which are not in Joomla articles, urls etc.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

Thank you said by: ruud

by » 4 years ago

Hi, the basics should be migrated (tekst, format, image, category, title, etc.)

Whats not in Joomla (functional) cannot be migrated :)

I sent you the DB structure per mail.

I think that if we could 'automate' this it will be usefull for more people :)

Sharing = Caring ㋛

by » 4 years ago

Its possible. However many features are not possible to upgrade. Everything is customized in this extension. The following can be possible.

1. Articles moved to Joomla articles without any ACL and comments, need to configure ACL later if needed
    2. Categories moved to Joomla categories without any ACL, need to configure later
    3. Ratings can be moved to CjBlog
    4. Tags can be moved to Joomla tagging system

It would be more feasible for them in CjBlog v2 as it is being build fully on Joomla v3 APIs.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.