Auto-update - NOT!

trogladyte
trogladyte
  • trogladyte
  • 7 months ago

Followed the instructions for enabling auto-update, but it doesn't work. No notification (in the Joomla notification area anyway, there is one in the component). Clicking the UPDATE button in the component just takes me to the generic downloads page where CJBlog is not even listed. Have to then click Products "CJBlog... etc, etc. Tedious, like the install. This should be streamlined A LOT!

Anyway I've already downloaded the most up-to-date version and that's what I installed. Reinstalled. Still shows as V2.0.0 and wants me to install V2.0.0.b2 (which I just di - TWICE!). PLUS I get this warnign after installing:

Please install CjLib component if not yet installed. Please enable the plugins from plugin manager.

Seems like the installer and/or component is broken.

Then I'm completely lost on how to use it... Again, followed the instructions on how to restrict categories and the plugin that I'm menat to add stuff into has NO options in it. I have a feeling that the documentation is way out of date. And why aren't these options in the component anyway? Was there a deliberate attempt to make this as difficult as possible to use?

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 7 of 7 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai