Request on the issue of Privacy

jizkid
jizkid
  • jizkid
  • 5 months ago

Hello Maverick, 

I got a remark from one of the users of our CJForum that she did not like that when she logs on to the site, that then her screen-name is visible on the forum. Now personally I think that this is more a feature then a privacy issue, as you can choose your screen-name, so you can create your own privacy, but maybe she has a point, let's not judge that. 

So it would be nice for a user to have a possibility in his/hers profile that says "invisible", which would render the screen-name of the user as to be invisible in the Who is Online. (I know this works equally like this in the BBForum software).

That would mean that the user in below example would not read 'caroline' but e.g. 'invisible'. Of course this for the common users, the superusers still should be able to see who exactly is on line, so the superuser still should see 'caroline' in the list of who is online.

I do think it should be seen that a user has set its profile to invisible, so as a user of the forum you can see that you are not alone on the forum. 

Do you think that it would be possible to create this? I do not know how difficult this would be. 

Cheers, 
Jim 

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 4 of 4 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai