Well, I FINALLY was able to get Joomla 4 installed ( Alpha5, then updated OK to Alpha 6).

But I went to try installing CJForum for preliminary testing, and the CJLib (Version: v2.8.3) errored out on install:

Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\File::read()

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Invalid default value for 'created'
JLIB_INSTALLER_ABORT_INSTALL_ABORTED
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_cjlib.zip

Was just wondering if you have ever managed to do an install on a J4 Alpha - or if I am getting ahead of myself here?  ( the CJForum download page does says "Joomla v4 or later"...)

If yes, then what Build have you tested?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: CJForum Development ( J4 alpha )

by » 10 months ago

The issue is caused by strict mode enabled on your mysql. When you enable strict mode, the default dates such as 0000-00-00 will not work and throws such error. Try disabling the flag NO_ZERO_DATE.

See this.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36374335/error-in-mysql-when-setting-default-value-for-date-or-datetime/36374690#36374690

Add this in your mysql conf file.

[mysqld]
    sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

Thank you said by: rotec

by » 10 months ago

I tried adding 

[mysqld]
    sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

but this resulted in mysqld crash on startup ( Running MySQL 8.0.13...)

MySQL8 has some different syntax, it seems. I did a lot of digging through the (cryptic!) MySQL8 docs, and it looks like I can disable strict mode with this

sql-mode=''

That at least doesnt kill the mysqld server on boot   :)

Going to try a CjF install again shortly...

by » 10 months ago

Well, that's not been too productive, so far.

sql_mode=''

allows the MySQL startup, but also blocks the display of all J4 modules/menus

( something I workarounded earlier by hacking all the zero'd checkout times in modules table...)

sql_mode="IGNORE_SPACE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

results in crash on startup .

There is a bug report indicating that NO_AUTO_CREATE USER would always crash it,
    and that was slated to be fixed in MySQL 8.0.13 ... but - Maybe not really?? so I tried

sql_mode="IGNORE_SPACE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Allows a MySQL startup!

But then the modules/menus are invisible again... :(

The default sql-mode settings for MySQL8 are showing as

ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

by » 10 months ago

Well, still no luck.

I hit on the idea of omitting 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE' ( instead of 'NO_ZERO_DATE') 

sql-mode="ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

And this actually got my menus/modules back again. But the CjLibs installer errors out the same as earlier...

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Invalid default value for 'created'
    JLIB_INSTALLER_ABORT_INSTALL_ABORTED
    Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_cjlib.zip

So.. not quite there yet

by » 10 months ago

Which file you are adding this options? mysqld configuation or mysql configuration? Usually it's in the file /etc/mysql/my.cnf or any file imported in this file. And you need to restart mysql deamon after doing these changes.

Also remove NO_ZERO_DATE from the configuration.

ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY - this will cause issues with some legacy applications. Better to avoid this.

Most of the hosting providers give the option of editing conf files from front-end. Check your cpanel.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 10 months ago

Thank you very much for the suggestions! 

I am editing /etc/my.cnf and restarting mysqld, sure. No cpanel, we have five dedicated servers (two production, three development...)

I tried your latest suggestion, ( sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" this time ) but in J4A6 that kills the modules/menus again. Still something funky there with zero'd dates, I am guessing!

It just looks to me like Joomla is simply not ready for prime-time. (as usual...)

So I am giving up on MySQL8, and re-installing the J4 on MySQL5.7!

Joomlopolis devs have always been pretty solid, and they suggested to me yesterday...  "I recommend 5.7 for JSON column support. There's a lot of quirks in MySQL 8.x that will break a lot of extensions and plugins. MySQL 5.7 won't be EOL until 2023 (5.6 EOL is 2021) so I doubt Joomla or anyone else is really pushing to be compatible right now given the migration issues and concerns about stability. I'm guessing Joomla won't be pushing for MySQL 8.x as that basically means no more MariaDB compatibility at all (even if it's unofficial at this time). I can't say for sure, but if Joomla implements official (we do not support unofficial usage) MySQL 8.x support then so will we."

by » 10 months ago

Since Joomla itself uses zero dates, I don't think you can setup stable site without disabling that flag. If it is problematic with mysql8, then I would also suggest to wait until official support provided by Joomla.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.