Install/Uninstall Errors

CR2w67L4Wi
CR2w67L4Wi
  • CR2w67L4Wi
  • 8 months ago

Hello,

I've been installing, testing, and uninstalling CjForum on localhost and noticed a few errors.

Before uninstalling, I tried to follow the instructions I found on one of the forum posts that suggested I uninstall the package, which would automatically uninstall the plugins and modules.  However, when I attempted to uninstall the package, I received an error that the manifest file was missing.  So then I proceeded to uninstall the component, plugins, and modules manually.  Finally I uninstalled the cjlib.

However, I still couldn't uninstall the package because the manifest file is missing.  I searched my website directory using the search term cj and found several files.  I didn't want to delete them manually, so I left them.  Then I looked at my database and noticed lots of cjforum tables.

So I decided to reinstall everything again.  First, I installed pkg_cjlib, which installed successfully.

Then I installed pkg_cjforum, which generated the following warning message:

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.

I'm guessing that the installation warning message is connected to the uninstallation error message regarding the missing manifest file.

Question:  At this point, how can I do a clean uninstall?

Thank you!

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai