Getting out of a quote

Category: CjForum one year ago

Hi. If I post a quote I am not able to leave the quote-mode by using ENTER.
I do have to push SHIFT+ENTER to leave this mode.

Unfortunately users report problems with line-breaks too and there are often posts without any line-breaks.
I have requested which kind of device they are using and will get back, regarding this point.

Best regards, Sascha

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Getting out of a quote

by » one year ago

I am sorry but I do not understand the exact problem, can you please post some screenshots to understand the issue?

Did you enable or disabled the option "Allow Editing Quote"?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » one year ago

I try to show it here and write a sentence, where I like to leave the quote after hitting ENTER

… and I am still in the quote even if I hit ENTER 2 times

… yes I am. So now I am giong to hit SHIFT+ENTER…

… and I am still in the blockquote tag. So next I try to leave quote-mode by clicking the active quote-symbol

Okay. The behavior is not similar as I know it from most of other boards, where you are leaving the quote by a hard linebreak (Enter).

Unfortunately your board doesn't close the quote right. I'll try to show you again by quoting a 3 lines quote

Line1 (and now I am hitting to define my writtings as quote. Now a linebreak (Enter)

Line2. I am still in the same quote. Now a linebreak (Enter). Now to Line 3 after which I like to leave the quote by clicking the symbol

I am in line 3 and will click the symbol… and BAM! The quote doesn't close after my writtings but IN my line. I would expect the funktion to close after my writtings by 1) clicking the quote-symbol and 2) typing "Enter" or "Shift-Enter".

by » one year ago

Whatever the behavior you are explaining is the behavior of your editor, not the component. The component will just make use of the Joomla editor, be it tinymce or jce etc. So if your editor supports such SHIFT+ENTER to break quote mechanism, it will work just fine.

For example, I am using JCE here and it don't have such feature to break quote.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.