GDPR user deleted

jizkid
jizkid
  • jizkid
  • 6 months ago

Hi Maverick,

When a user uses the permanent delete option to remove him/herself from the forum, and when you have allowed in the Global Configuration of CjForum in the GDPR section that a user can delete the profile, but you have disabled the option to delete posts, the user will indeed be sort of deleted but not completely.

The user will loose all information in the profile, the rank, amount of topics and replies. But this same user is still able to log in and post new postings. The profile won't be updated with those posts though.

This would be okay, because that user clearly has stated he/she won't participate in the forum anymore, but can still log in and do other stuff at the site. But it is not okay that this user still would be able to participate in the forum I would think.

Trying to reinstate such a user doesn't seem possible either. Everytime when I try to change the CjForum profile from the backend, I am getting an error.

Am I missing something?

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 3 of 3 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai