So, the (migrated) Kunena forum has a "root" category that is normally not used. In Kunena, its not allowed to post. But here I see its an available choice in the "new topic" dropdown.

I need to make it NON-POSTABLE by everyone.

The problem is, when I remove its posting permissons, it nukes the permissions for ALL THE SUBFORUMS ( which inherit) ...

AND THEN, when I set the those sub-forums  to have their own appropriate posting permissions, they are STILL mysteriously blocked ( no "Start a Topic" is visible...)

Is there a workaround for this?  Permissions are stuck "LOCKED" ( see below)

hmmm - PNG attachments not working right ?  I had to add it twice before this one appeared...

16960_1_CJforum-LOCKED-PERMISSIONS.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
16960_1_CJforum-LOCKED-PERMISSIONS.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: [SOLVED] problem configuring MIGRATED kunena forum

by » 8 months ago

OK, I ALMOST solved this by setting Parent to [No Parent] for all of the sub-categories, unpublishing the previous root category, and re-configuring the Main menu item...  Most of the categories are postable now.

? but this one category that I had previously started tweaking for testing is now STUCK - it still has locked permissions as shown above

Trying to hack the category permissions now... (in db)...

• Re: [SOLVED] problem configuring MIGRATED kunena forum

by » 8 months ago

OK, found the item in the "assets" table, saw how it differed from all the other categories and fixed it by resetting its permissions to "{}".

I guess it would be nice to add a note about this potential 'Gotcha!'  in the "Migrate Kunena" docs:  best to unlink categories from an unused "root" category BEFORE attempting to edit their permissions!

Thank you said by: maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.