Hmm...

when not logged in ( browsing as public) I get this odd thing - any MIGRATED forum posts with attachment show a link "download attachment". But when clicked on they redirect to error page

Error: 0 - JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR

the url of the link is /[forum]/[post]# ( same as working post url but with a # symbol tacked on to the valid link)

... and the URL of the resulting redirect is actually showing as correct URL for the forum ( /[forum]

when logged in as a "Free" user ( who by default do not have permission to view attachments) - the "download attachment" link (typically an attached image file) is visible, but when clicked on, downloads OK   

when logged in as a "Paid" user ( who by default have permission to view attachments) - the "download attachment" link (typically an attached image file) is visible, and when clicked on, downloads OK  

HOWEVER, this strikes me as something of a Migration error, since in the original posting, the image was not only an attached file, but was inserted as to be viewed INLINE in the post (something this forum doesnt do, I guess?)

Ideally, we want all those image attachments to behave at least as well as the native ones do here - that is a thumbnail visible under the post - which opens up in a modal when clicked on... Instead, they are just giving downloads to those who have permission {Is this a bug?}, and the public user gets the error {definitely must be a bug!}

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: guest user error on attachments...

by » 3 weeks ago

Can you send me the website and topic url to see the issue?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately the DEV server for this site is on our intranet, and can't be reached from outside. 

It's the same problem for every forum post (with attachment)  that was migrated from our Kunena installation, we do not see this behavior with newly created 'native CjForum' posts. (Those native postings have the correct '(You do not have access to download this file.)')

Attached below are inspection screenshots of the bad public 'Download attachment' link (01) and the resulting error page (02)

31405_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link01.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    31405_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link02.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 weeks ago

PS: the random tiny font sizes in the posts above are NOT INTENTIONAL, it's some glitch in the forum software...

by » 3 weeks ago

rotec wrote:

PS: the random tiny font sizes in the posts above are NOT INTENTIONAL, it's some glitch in the forum software...

That's not glitch. Its the copy paste formatting issue. Nothing to do with forum, it is related to editor pasting whatever you do.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 3 weeks ago

rotec wrote:

Unfortunately the DEV server for this site is on our intranet, and can't be reached from outside. 

It's the same problem for every forum post (with attachment)  that was migrated from our Kunena installation, we do not see this behavior with newly created 'native CjForum' posts. (Those native postings have the correct '(You do not have access to download this file.)')

Attached below are inspection screenshots of the bad public 'Download attachment' link (01) and the resulting error page (02)

The download will fail only when 

1. You have not given download permission in component options

2. The d_id parameter is missing

Are you using any security extension or sef extension?

by » 3 weeks ago

We do not want to allow public (users not logged in) to see or download forum attachments, so we have public permissions set accordingly. This feature works fine for "native" CjForum posts! ( see attachment below)

It's an issue with the migrated data only.

Not using any SEF or security extensions...

31409_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link03.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    31409_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link04.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 weeks ago

Actually, this points out another issue - as you can see from the permissions above, the Public user is supposed to view POSTS only but not replies...

In fact, they can see all replies to every post 😵

Screenshot below, viewed by the public (not logged in) .. this is the same for migrated or 'native' postings...

31410_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link05.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 2 weeks ago

The issue is caused by incorrect permissions entry into the assets table. While migrating the posts, the topic will be inserted into the cjforum tables and corresponding asset entry is inserted into the xxx_assets table. 

The table should contain the entries with name com_cjforum.topic.ID with the rules field contain the actual permission rules such as {"core.view":{"6":1}}.

I believe this entry is missing in your case. Can you check the entries in this table please?

If you want to avoid touching these tables, you can modify components/com_cjforum/views/topic/view.html.php and find

$this->asset		= 'com_cjforum.topic.'.$item->id;

change this to

$this->asset		= 'com_cjforum.category.'.$item->catid;

this will enforce rules on category level and do not check topic level permissions.

Thank you said by: rotec

by » 2 weeks ago

Yes, I see that in the assets table, all of the "com_cjforum.topic.ID" have their 'rules' set to {}

And in there, the forum Categories are all set to {"core.view.replies":{"1":1}}

Interestingly, If I look at a new "Native" forum post ( not migrated - and with correct attachment functioning) I see that its asset permission is also {}

by » 2 weeks ago

Here is what we're looking at : MIGRATED ( gives broken link)

31419_2_CJF_bad-public-att-link_MIGRATED.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.