Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: guest user error on attachments...

by » one year ago

maverick wrote:

Sorry for not asking the basic question first.

Is it the topic or reply attachment?

For Public user, I can see the same error on both topic attachments and reply attachments.

But "STOP THE PRESSES!"...

I just found one migrated topic that DOES NOT HAVE THIS ERROR... instead, its attachment is correctly marked "you do not have permission to download...". 

Interestingly, it appears to have the file attached TWICE:

Picture108.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
     Picture108.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

BUT IN FACT, the original Kunena posting for this topic has NO ATTACHMENTS.. so it seems that the Kunena migration process must have had a hiccough, or 'slipped a tooth on the drive gear'... in other words, it hit a bump in the road and got scrambled somehow.  (without alerting me by throwing an error message...)  ?

by » one year ago

What I believe is the post type of the attachments is gone wrong. Below is the SQL to query attachments from Kunena.

select a.id, a.userid created_by, a.hash, a.folder, a.size, a.filetype, a.filename,
    case m.parent when 0 then m.id else m.parent end post_id,
    case m.parent when 0 then 1 else 2 end post_type
    from
    PREFIX_kunena_attachments AS a
    inner join
    PREFIX_kunena_messages AS m on a.mesid = m.id;

If you query this on your database, you may find what is the post_type value you are getting. 

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » one year ago

(edited) .. this is getting confusing, I have to check which post IDs relate to this issue...

the topic with two MISSING images were both post_type = 1 in the above query

the topic with the two WRONGLY LINKED images (which actually do not generate the Error: 0 - JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR ERROR, as they deny download to Public users - but do not belong to the post!) also were both post_type=1 in the above query

by » one year ago

And do you see the missing images actually exist in the folder mentioned in the corresponding table row with the same name?

below are the things which must match with the details.

1. topic - post_type = 1; reply - post_type = 2

2. the images must exist in the corresponding folder with the name (both can be checked in the prefix_cjforum_attachments table) 

3. images must be accessible

As I cannot access your site, please export prefix_cjforum_attachments table and send me the SQL file. I will try to recreate the situation.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

Thank you said by: rotec

by » one year ago

Yes, the two missing .JPEG images do exist in the correct folder, and they have the correct permissions and are accessible.

They belong to a Topic, so their post_type=1 is correct ...

will send you table export shortly!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.