Report a topic: no button?

Category: CjForum 7 months ago

Hi Maverick,

Thank you for adding the report a topic feature.

However, eventhough it is already enabled in the global config, I don't see a button in the topics which should be used to report on one of my sites?

I can see the button in this forum, but not on mine.

Webmaster Psoriasispatienten Nederland

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Report a topic: no button?

by » 7 months ago

Do you have any custom overrides? Below is the code in components/com_cjforum/layouts/LAYOUT/topic/topic.php (for topic reporting)

if($params->get('allow_reporting') && $user->id != $item->created_by)
    {
      ?>
      <li>
    <a class="btn btn-mini btn-xs btn-<?php echo $theme;?> btn-report" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#reportModal" href="#reportModal" onclick="document.reportForm.item_id.value=<?php echo $item->id;?>; document.reportForm.task.value='topic.report';" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_CJFORUM_REPORT_THIS_TO_ADMIN');?>">
    <i class="fa fa-flag-o"></i> <?php echo JText::_('COM_CJFORUM_LABEL_REPORT');?> </a> </li> <?php }

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 7 months ago

I do not have any overrides, and I can see the code in the topic.php.

The site I installed this update on is a test site which is using the default Joomla Protostar template.

by » 7 months ago

There is nothing that is restricting it to show except those two parameters.

1. Allow Reporting parameter from the component options, which you said is already enabled.

2. User is not the author of the post

Can you inspect the element on your chrome browser developer console and see if anything is hidden there?

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 7 months ago

Check If you Have Assigned the Rolle Manager / Administrator to A User

havent seen the button till i did this

Other Point not Quite Sure if it is a Bug

when klicking on the Link of a reportet Topic in Flagged Reports its oppening the wrong Topic 

It seems to me  that  it opens the Topic for edit with the same ID as the Report

by

Martin

by » 7 months ago

User is not the poster and the chrome developer does not show the part of reporting at all. It has the clas btn-toolbar, then the btn-group for permalink, then btn-group user rating, then btn-group Thank you. That's it.

by » 7 months ago

Mamue wrote:

Check If you Have Assigned the Rolle Manager / Administrator to A User

havent seen the button till i did this

Martin

Sorry Martin, what exactly do you mean with assigning a role manager/admin to a user? A user shouldn't be an admin for this. Even when you are not logged into this forum, you will still see the report button.

by » 7 months ago

jizkid wrote:

User is not the poster and the chrome developer does not show the part of reporting at all. It has the clas btn-toolbar, then the btn-group for permalink, then btn-group user rating, then btn-group Thank you. That's it.

I strongly believe there is a layout override somewhere on your site. This is a simple button with no conditions attached. It must be displayed if you enabled component option. I can't reproduce the issue here or on the demo site. Is it possible to see your website?

by » 7 months ago

The issue is unsaved option. Even though the Show Report option is enabled, the underlying value is never saved into the database. When I click on save button on options page, then it is saved and the button is visible. 

So it is recommended to save the options at least once after installation so that the options are saved.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.