Kunena migration SUCCESS: need cleanup advice.

rotec
rotec
  • rotec
  • 5 months ago

? After much planning and testing, have sucessfully migrated our live server forum from latest Kunena to latest CJforum.

I ran into a little excitement when our template's bootstrap was breaking some things in the main site (background color & menu font size!) but that was easily solved with a couple tweaks to the bootstrap.min file - never noticed this before because nothing in the site previously enabled the bootstrap...

Anyway, very pleased with the flawless migration (Total posts 22798 • Total topics 3500 • Total members 14486 ) ?

And the forum performance so far...

But I want to lighten our site and DB backup size, so want to clean out the old (disabled) Kunena now. 

If I understand correctly, the migration imported all the data from Kunena table to CJforum tables, but left all the media (post attachments) in the original Kunena folders ( and continues to use them going forward.)

I'm just not clear if a Kunena un-install will leave the media files in place, or try to clean them up? Was wondering if you had any info on this ( before I start experimenting on our DEV server...)

Thanks in Advance!

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai