user points touch-up after Kunena migration

rotec
rotec
  • rotec
  • 5 months ago

After our sucessful Kunena migration, I decided to tidy up a bit by updating the points to catch some minor stuff that was not covered by the migration. Thought I would post this here to share with other users...

I wanted to update all migrated users points with some of their legacy Kunena activity as follows

Previous forum post = 1 point

Previous forum reply = 1 point

Previous Thank-You given = 3 points

Previous Thank-You received = 11 points

so I applied these queries ...

( In the queries below - JXX = 'your joomla db prefix')

UPDATE `JXX_cjforum_users`,`JXX_kunena_users` SET JXX_cjforum_users.points= JXX_cjforum_users.points+ (JXX_kunena_users.thankyou * 11) WHERE JXX_cjforum_users.id = JXX_kunena_users.userid

--query above is one time thankyou received points update after migration

UPDATE `JXX_cjforum_users`,`JXX_kunena_users` SET JXX_cjforum_users.points= JXX_cjforum_users.points + ((SELECT count(*) FROM `JXX_kunena_thankyou` where `userid` = JXX_kunena_users.userid)*3) WHERE JXX_cjforum_users.id = JXX_kunena_users.userid

--query above is one time thankyou given points update after migration

UPDATE `JXX_cjforum_users`,`JXX_kunena_users` SET JXX_cjforum_users.points= JXX_cjforum_users.points + (SELECT count(*) FROM `JXX_kunena_messages` WHERE parent<>0 AND `userid` = JXX_kunena_users.userid) WHERE JXX_cjforum_users.id = JXX_kunena_users.userid

--query above is one time reply post points update after migration

UPDATE `JXX_cjforum_users`,`JXX_kunena_users` SET JXX_cjforum_users.points= JXX_cjforum_users.points + (SELECT count(*) FROM `JXX_kunena_topics` WHERE `first_post_userid` = JXX_kunena_users.userid) WHERE JXX_cjforum_users.id = JXX_kunena_users.userid

--query above is one time initial post points update after migration

( Obviously my assigned point values are chosen arbitrarily, but you can adjust to taste!) ?

This worked great after a migration from Kunena 5.1.13 to CJforum 3.14 (July 2019). I doubt very much these tables would change in the future, but if major version upgrades have happened by the time you read this, you might want to check the structure before applying these queries... (to your DEV server first, of course!)  ?

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai