Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: [SOLVED] CJforum collation clash (backend) - after update

by » one month ago

No error messages are provoked when adding or deleting Joomla articles. LIVE and DEV server are now 100% in sync: same OS, same db version, same php version, same joomla version, all updates current

( My earlier conclusion thinking that DEV was OK was false - actually it has the same problem if I set the table collations to unicode_ci.) There is a "fluke" event where sometimes a forum post goes in OK, and that is what fooled me one time. I thought the fluke good posting might be correlated to adding a new post from 'forum root' ( where you need to manually select the category, instead of one being pre-selected in the dropdown - such as when posting a new post from within a category) - but it's not repeatable, sadly. 

Looking at log files now...

by » one month ago

PS: I think this is maybe notable... (???)

I have a second DEV server ( cloned from LIVE server earlier) which has no problem posting to forum. I notice it has ALL joomla tables  utf8mb4_general_ci with the exception of all of the  cjforum tables, which are all utf8mb4_unicode_ci .

But unlike the other DEV server and the LIVE server, this one is showing its Joomla system collations in sync:

Database Collation                 utf8mb4_general_ci

Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci

by » one month ago

Anyway, no PHP errors are logged... only this notice

[Tue May 04 08:20:16.655675 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 2532] [client 192.168.199.61:6478] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Joomla\\CMS\\Table\\Content::$category_alias in /var/www/html/devserver1/html/plugins/content/cjforum/cjforum.php on line 103, referer: http://devserver1/administrator/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit

by » one month ago

I have decided that I am not going to mess with it anymore! At least one of the Joomla core developers has advised me that 'general_ci" is still used as a default by design. ( see https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/31468#issuecomment-832103683 ) 

CJforum is working OK for me as long as I leave existing Joomla table collations @ 'general_ci', and the corejoomla stuff can be at 'unicode_ci'. It won't be much longer until the big upgrade to Joomla 4 is upon us, and things can (hopefully) get well sorted out when that happens...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.