Bug with ShareThis - specifically LinkedIn

jwhelan
jwhelan
  • jwhelan
  • 12 months ago
The ST integration works great except for one odd situation when sharing on LinkedIn.

Specifically, if the description field for a question has been left blank, then the information that is passed to LinkedIn gets garbled as follows:

---
/ask-a-pro/upload_files?prefix=20120509091123 /components/com_communityanswers/assets/uploader/plupload.flash.swf /components/com_communityanswers/assets/uploader/plupload.silverlight.xap jpg,png,gif,txt,pdf,zip,gzip Click here...
---

This does not happen with FB, Twitter and G+. Obviously some information is getting passed to ST by CA when the description field is blank.

I get the same error on both of my CA installs (dev & production) and with both the old version and the version with the modified browser page titles.

It's not a critical error, but my business is b2b and my main social network is LinkedIn.

Ideas?

- John W.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 5 of 5 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai