Allow people to subscribe by link

larpo
larpo
  • larpo
  • 10 months ago
Hi - it would be great if one could allow users to subscribe to topics by clicking a link in an email. It is currently possibly to send the link to the /answers/subscribe/#-category which will effectively subscribe them but the feedback is disconcerting. Can you tell me how i might edit the output people see if they click on the subscribe link in an email - rather than from a category page i.e. without triggering the ajax response. At the moment if I send the link: http://www.profr.org/homework-help/subscribe to someone they get a blank page with the following:

{"error":"You are now following questions in all categories. You can manage your subscriptions from My Subscriptions page."}

I would like to be able to give them a more appealing thank you message. Can you suggest a hack? Many thanks

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai