Problems with notification emails

monkeyman
monkeyman
  • monkeyman
  • 10 months ago
There're couple problems with notification emails.

1. Seems to me there's a problem with notifications algorithm itself. For example, if someone subscribes to question in category X, then on that category itself and then on all categories, sometimes he can get a bunch of emails: new answer in question, new answer in category etc. I can't figure out some patterns, but sometimes it works properly, sometimes sends extra emails. I even looked in mail queue in CJ Lib and saw double emails.

For example, subscribe to all categories, then to one selected category and try to add a question to it. You'll get 2 emails: one global, one for category.

2. If you put HTML entities in subject string (like this: "My site") they won't be processed and you get the same "My site" line in email subject.

3. Looks like there's a problem with this line:

EMAIL_USER_ANSWER_APPROVED_SUB="Your answer, submitted on %1$s, is approved."

%1$s here is being changed to username, not site name. Looks like a bug. Moreover, I think question title should be here since there's similar line for question approval.
4. There're also some unclosed or improperly closed tags in language lines like this:

EMAIL_QUESTION_APPROVAL_BODY="<p>Hi Administrator, </p><p>A new question is submitted by <strong>%1$s</strong> and is pending approval by you. Please find below the details.</p><div><strong>Title:</strong> %2$s</div><div><strong>Description:</strong> %3$s</div><div><strong>Attachments:</strong> %4$s</div><p>%5$s - %6$s</p><p>Thank you." <-- No closing tag!

But that's not a big deal. It's just me being picky :-)

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 5 of 5 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai