A few questions

Category: Community Answers 6 years ago
Hi Maverick,

1. Is there a way to make the description field for a question mandatory, whether using the WYSIWYG editor or not
2. Is there a way to hide the alias field from a question field (users might not understand what this is for)
3. Is there any plan to manage category and question subscriptions via the backend?

Jordan
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: A few questions

by » 6 years ago

1. Is there a way to make the description field for a question mandatory, whether using the WYSIWYG editor or not
    You need to edit multiple files for that. First the form layout where you need to set class required to the field. then in model where you need to check the value.

2. Is there a way to hide the alias field from a question field (users might not understand what this is for)
    It is shown only to users with manage access (admins). so no chance of confusing users.

3. Is there any plan to manage category and question subscriptions via the backend?
    Yes. It is being developed but is not on priority list. you can already manage it from front-end.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 6 years ago

Thanks Maverick,

Understood.

Could you give me a little more guidance for point number 1?

Jordan

by » 6 years ago

File: components/com_communityanswers/views/form/tmpl/form_content.php

$editor, 'description', 'description', $this->question->description, '5', '40', '99%', '200px', '', 'width: 99%;'); ?>

can be changed to
    $editor, 'description', 'description', $this->question->description, '5', '40', '99%', '200px', 'required', 'width: 99%;'); ?>

note: not all editors work with validator framework. best suited for plain textarea.

file: components/com_communityanswers/controllers/answers.php line 284
    if(empty($question->title) || $question->catid <= 0 || ($user->guest && (empty($question->username) || empty($question->email))))

can be changed to
    if(empty($question->title) || $question->catid <= 0 || ($user->guest && (empty($question->username) || empty($question->email))) && !empty($question->description))

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.