Urgent help please

Category: Community Answers 6 years ago

After upgrading from CA 3 to 4 and completing migration, I get this fatal error:

Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /home/domain/public_html/components/com_communityanswers/layouts/default/category_list.php on line 23

On the categories view (index.php?option=com_communityanswers&view=categories&id=0) or any of the available menu items

Any suggestions here please?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Urgent help please

by » 6 years ago

Can you please download v4.1.1 version now and install again?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 6 years ago

Thanks Maverick,

That helped.

Now an additional serious issue.

The new Community Answers module that comes packaged with the component (4.1) has been installed on the site homepage. However, the links created from the question titles contain the itemid of the homepage (not the Questions layout that I created on a hidden menu as instructed). This causes modules assigned to the homepage to display and also does not then pick up the alias of the Questions layout and the urls show the component name, not the alias.

If I navigate directly to the menu item of the Questions layout, all is fine, but if starting from the module titles, everything falls apart. I think simply this issue is not the module not detecting the Questions layout itemid for some reason.

Jordan

by » 6 years ago

...by the way, I have read this part of the documentation:

- Make sure your menu item is accessible to the users whom you allowed to access the component

Mine is public

- Make sure your menu item is properly created and proper menu type is selected

I selected: index.php?option=com_communityanswers&view=questions

- If you are using JomSocial component, make sure to edit and reselect correct menu item type for all CA menu items. This is because JomSocial installer will overwrite all menu items of components which has "community" in their name. This is JomSocial bug not CA's.

I have done this

by » 6 years ago

Probably a bug but, "Questions" menu item is not a standard menu item rather an addon item to display the list of questions. Only "Categories" and "Category" menu items can form the urls.

So you should create your url structure like this:

questions
    -- category 1
    -- category 2
    -- category 3

One menu item for each top level category - subcategories will inherit parent category menu item. The reason is the new url structure will include category name. This is just like your Joomla articles. Don't worry about your existing urls in v3, they will automatically get redirected with permanantly moved status so that search engines can detect them.

I will fix the module to detect the questions item id in case no other menu item exist.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 6 years ago

OK. In the meantime, I removed links in the question titles within the module and just made a link to the component in the module, until this is fixed.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.