Wrong Path for Questions

bilal.abdeen
bilal.abdeen
  • bilal.abdeen
  • 7 months ago

Maverick, 

I have noticed that some of the questions get very strange URLs assigned to them. For example, if you visit my dev website, to which you have access, and search for the question (Is it necessary to make a Will), you will notice that the URL (at the browser's URL field) shows the following, which has the wrong category. The correct category is "General". Please, see the attached screen capture. 

<my-dev-website>/index.php/categories/food-restaurents/25-is-it-necessary-to-make-a-will 

I think it should be enough to use ONLY the question ID and topic (25-is-it-necessary-to-make-a-will) in the URL path. This makes it possible to change the category without affecting the validity of the URL.

It seems that removing the category from the URL path works anyway. This is good. However, it is a bit confusing that the generated URL, which is displayed in the browser's URL field, has the category. 

The following works, which is great. Please, display it in the browser's URL field. 

/index.php/25-is-it-necessary-to-make-a-will

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 7 of 7 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai