notification on category change

maritz.mills
maritz.mills
  • maritz.mills
  • 6 months ago

Is there a way to retrigger an e-mail notification if the category of the question is changed? We have situations occur pretty regularly where a question is asked in one category and through the course of discussion we find that a better category (and its subscribers) would be a better option to get an answer.

I've looked through everything I can find and it seems notifications will only be sent if $isnew = true, and I can't seem to find any way to shortcut it to set that value to true if the category has changed.

For now, the best I can recommend is the user ask the question in both categories. If the question is answered in Category B, then add an answer to the question in Category A linking to Category B's answer or copying the answer into both questions, but our users are picky so that might be too much overhead.

Any ideas on how to handle this scenario?

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai