Categories are saving to xxx_categories instead of xxx_answers_categories

intechra
intechra
  • intechra
  • 5 months ago

I am updating a site that I did not originally develop. When trying to trouble shoot why the Community Answers categories are not working, I found that new categories are being saved to xxx_categories instead of xxx_answers_categories. The first thing I found was that adding a new category resulted in the status always being 'Trashed', and would not allow me to publish it. I was also getting the following error:  Unknown column 'a.state' in 'field list'

Existing categories are not showing up at all in the Categories dashboard. 

When taking a look at the database, I found that the new category was added to  the xxx_categories table. Existing categories are in the xxx_answers_categories table (which the dashboard is not pulling from.

I located one of the files that has the wrong table, but I'm not sure if there are others. 

pkg_communityanswers_v5.0.2/packages/com_communityanswers/admin/models/fields/cjcategoryedit.php

Can you tell me what I should do to correct this?

I am running the following versions:

• Joomla: 3.9.3
  • JomSocial: 4.5.1
  • Community Answers: 5.0.2

Thanks for your assistance.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai