Good morning,

I am not sure that should go on the Suggest an Idea section, maybe there already is something like that and I can't find it.

My question is: would it be possible for a question to be approved, say by the superuser, before being published and so trigger the emal notification?

Second, can the notification via email be postponed until the administrator decides whether or not the question can be published?

In short, I want to avoid that someone post silly questions and people who are supposed to reply gets annoyed by the notification for unworthy questions.

Thank you very much,

have a good day.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Approval needed before publishing questions

by » one month ago

Go to Components -> Community Answers -> Click on Options button on toolbar and click Permissions tab.

Enable "Moderate Questions" and "Moderate Answers" permissions.

To set email options, to to Extensions -> Plugins -> "Community Answers - Questions" plugin and enable email settings.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » one month ago

maverick wrote:

Go to Components -> Community Answers -> Click on Options button on toolbar and click Permissions tab.

Enable "Moderate Questions" and "Moderate Answers" permissions.

To set email options, to to Extensions -> Plugins -> "Community Answers - Questions" plugin and enable email settings.

Thank you, but it's already enabled for the super users; I'd like to put the questions on hold until the super user decides whether or not they can be published and only then, to send the email as set in the "Community Answers - Questions" plugin.

That would also require to show a message to the user who posts a question warning that the question will be published only after the approval.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

have a good day.

by » one month ago

The permission should be enabled for user groups whose questions should be moderated. Superusers are excluded from this permission as their questions are posted automatically.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » one month ago

Thanks for your answer.

Now, I've done that, I'd like to ask about how the get notified about a new question after approval.

I enabled the plugin as said above, and that works if questions are not moderate.

However, I'd need to know how notifications should work when questions need to be approved first.

Is that the email to subscribed users should be sent only after the approval? If when approving a question, and by approving I mean publishing, the admin changes the category, the notification should go to the users who subscribed to the category that the admin has changed when publishing the question right? In other words, that doesn't matter the category the user has chosen, but the one the admin has set when publishing and so approving the question. Is that right?

Is that possible to have a first notification only to the admin about a new question waiting to be approved and the rest ot the notifications to subscribed users after the admin approves the question?

I'd appreciate your help,

thanks.

by » one month ago

When you click the approve button in your approval mail, all it does is publish the question. So you cannot change the category of the question from that email. Notifications will go only to the users subscribed to the category presently assigned to the question. 

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » one month ago

maverick wrote:

When you click the approve button in your approval mail, all it does is publish the question. So you cannot change the category of the question from that email. Notifications will go only to the users subscribed to the category presently assigned to the question. 

So only after the approval of the admin the notifications are sent? As admin I didn't get any email for the approval nor I saw any in the email Q in CjLib.

Most importantly: I don't need only to approve the question, but to moderate it: users sometimes choose silly titles which don't help, or choose the wrong category, or sometimes their writing is poor and it needs to be proofread, sometimes typos and so on. I may also want to change the question alias, but if I do it after the notifications are sent, the url will change and the subscribers will get a 404 page when clicking the link to that question in the notification email they received.

Therefore, I'd need to edit the question before sending out the notifications, and I thought they'd be sent after the admin edit and publish the question.

Now: is all of that possible or I should I post a new feature request? In the latter case, is there any possibility that the feature will be implemented, and when?

Thanks

by » one month ago

This is what I found so far, please consider also my previous post on this topic.

If I set the questions to be moderated by an admin, in the CA Question-Answers plugin, the Admin user group can only be set to super user.
    This way, the super user gets an email for the approval of the new question, but obviously once it's done, the other users won't get any
    notification for the new question just published, despite being subscribed to the category in question. 

If I set the admin user group to anything other than super user, nobody will get notified when there's a new question, not even the super user. 
    In short, if I set the new question to be moderated, the only one to know about the new question  will be the admin.   

Please note: that's an essential feature to me at this point of my project: I'd need both moderation as previously pointed out and notification
    to subscribed users.

Can it be done or am I missing something?

Thanks

by » one month ago

You are correct, the workflow of approval is different from regular question posting. I fixed this issue in v5.1.1. Please update it.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » one month ago

Thanks for your answer, I installed the update.

Now: in order for the admin to receive the email for the approval, the CA - Questions plugins - Emails - Admin user group has to be set to Super Users. This way, the admin gets an email any time there's a new question to approve.  However:

• if the question is approved by clicking in the email, for some reason the notifications are sent to users who are not subscribed. I deleted all the subscriptions, cleaned the cache, deleted any previous record in the email Q in CJLib. Emails are still sent to users. I am running these tests on a local server: I can't afford to test it on a live site or I'll risk to send emails to people who wouldn't be happy about it. Therefore: why notifications are still sent to unsubscribed users?
    • on what previously said about editing the question before the approval and the notifications: I tried now. I can edit the question when still unapproved from the backoffice, but the notifications on CLib are fired only via the email the admin gets for the approval. That doesn't seem much of a problem, as long as notification are sent after I edit the new question. However, and I will post it on the "suggest an idea" section, that would be perfect if the approval could take the place from the backoffice instead of just the email.

In conclusion: how could that be possible that notifications are still sent out to unsuscribed users?

I'd appreciate your help,

thanks

by » 6 weeks ago

Can you please check if the table xxx_answers_subscriptions has any records?

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.