BBCode Editor issues with newer Joomlart templates

chamberanswers
chamberanswers
  • chamberanswers
  • 13 months ago
First off, I am very impressed with the latest version of Community Answers.

The new features in v 1.5.0 make it stand out as one of the premiere Joomla extensions. Well done.

As with any new updates there are bound to be some issues that have to be sorted out. I have been putting CA 1.5.0 through a series of tests on a Test site with Joomla 1.5.22 and my template of choice. Joomlart JA Community Plus.

BBCode issues and buttons: Appears to be a JQuery conflict

During testing today I have found some issues with BBCode Editor and Joomlart templates, mainly all new templates from Joomlart.

I first tried to make sure it was not a plugin conflict, and after finding now conflict I focused on the template.

The JA Community Plus template is a newer Joomlart template and it appears to work fine with the default CA editor, but as soon as I try out the BBCode Editor, the errors appear. Buttons on the ask page disappear and strange things happen in the template.

See my latest BugTracker posts for more details.

UPDATED:
After some more troubleshooting, I found that in newer Joomlart templates there is a Global settings for Css & Javascript Compress.

If I turn off the settings to have No Css and Javascript compression, the buttons appear properly, but the BBCode Editor shows up but the editor looks like crap with strange gray areas and dots (bullets) in between the editor function buttons.

Older Joomlart templates without this Css and Javascript compression seem to work fine. BU there are still the bullets showing. When I look at the BBCode Editor on MarkitUp, the bullets (dots) do not appear.

Would be nice to get the new CA and BBCode to work without the extra bullets with Joomlart templates.

You always come up with solutions so I am patient to see this will be fixed.

Randy McCallum

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 12 of 12 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai