Pros, cons and overall pricing

monkeyman
monkeyman
  • monkeyman
  • 12 months ago
I'm currently developing a site for some client. On this site he has a Community Answers component in pretty much virgin state, so I had to template it a bit. Well, I do appreciate your work and do like you component. I understand it's pretty complex and stuff, but after several days working with that, I'm pretty sure you overpriced it.

First of all, your templates are with tables and dt/dd. For 65 bucks people should be mostly happy with software right from the box. And I've spent 4 days messing with template, not just CSS, due to old school HTML layout. It's 2011, all templates MUST be flexible, and for this you should use divs as much as possible.

Next thing is JQuery. I honestly DO love it, but JQuery requires more fine tuning to work properly. Even for these 4 days and with half features turned off in config I've noticed a lot of issues with JQuery, that require fixing.

I understand, that it's your business and you can put any price you want, but the current one is pretty ridiculous. Asking 65 bucks each half year for such unpolished component... well, it's kinda greedy and tends people to piracy. Skyrim costs 50 bucks and it's yours forever - just think of that.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 5 of 5 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai