Vote Restriction Issues

director
director
  • director
  • 9 months ago

Hi, I'm new to Community Polls.  I am trying to setup some basic polls for a "People's Choice" sort of vote on my nonprofit website.  I am having some major issues with the vote restriction settings.

I actually want to allow users to vote as many times as they want, to drive them back to the website.  I tried testing this by setting up a "vote expiration" of 1 minutes and also of 5 minutes on a later test.  I also set the vote restriction method to "IP" as many of my members are more senior and do not understand how to clear a browser cache or what a cache even does.

So far, it has not worked.  I can vote once, but then when I revisit the page 1 or 5 minutes later, it only shows the result chart and does not offer me the option to click to vote.

It seems that the only way to vote again is to clear my cookies, despite the fact that I did not select cookies as the vote restriction method.

Am I missing an option somewhere to make this work correctly?

Some settings that may have impacted this:

I am using the contentpoll method of embedding my poll into an article, as I want to create a nice layout around it for the overall vote and embed 6 polls in total.

I set accessibility to vote and view the results to public, and I turned off the captcha.

Please help!

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai