single vote in a poll

Category: Community Polls one month ago

Dear Community Poll Team,

I want to make certain polls single vote.

First of all, I cannot find a customization field to limt votes on a single poll. Please let me know where the button/check Box is!

Second, I have selected to check on IP, Cookies and user. IP and Cookies works as long as it is the same computer, but if I use a different computer/smartphone, it does not work. I am able to vote more often.

Since my Web Page is user access driven, and for above reason, I want to use the feature of "users" to restrict votes. As I see it, your community poll feature "users" does not look into the site`s users, just into the table of community polls. How can I connect the site's users to community polls?

Regards

Andreas

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: single vote in a poll

by » one month ago

Presently you can set limits for restricting multiple votes at the component level. Poll level restrictions are available in the next release.

If your users are not registered users, use the "Username" restriction. If your users are not registered, they can vote multiple times using different computers, the system can no way find user identity from different computers.

Community Polls uses your Joomla user system, it does not have its own user system. Please set the Vote Restriction Method to "Username" in the component options (Components -> Community Polls -> Options -> Shared Options).

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » one month ago

Dear Maverik,

thank you for the answer. You got the point, that I want to restrict the users to submit one vote (Ballot) at a poll.

I figuerd, when I want to make a "Anonymous Poll" with an Vote restriction to one vote per users/ip address ("Vote Restriction Method" ) the restriction of User Name and IP does not work. I assume, just cookies will work. The results table does not get any information, which is used to restrict a second submittion of a ballot (Vote)

Would it be better, when there is a new table, which connects the BALLOT of a vote to the POLL. This table could then be checked if a registred user has submitted his Ballot to a specific poll. This should be used as a trigger for single Ballots (Votes) with vote restrictions tied to the user name.

Regards,

Andreas

by » one month ago

As a regulation, you should not capture any user information when you are saying the poll is anonymous. If you still capture that information, it is not a fair practice. So either make it onymous or use cookies.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » one month ago

Maverik,

I did point at the theory, you replied.  I want to show you, that the single vote does not work, if the complete vote is set up as anonymous.

in case of anonymous vote, your jommla extension does not store any information on the user or ip address during vote in the result table. Is that known to you?

So, If someone wants to restrict the vote to a single vote, just cookies works, and this just for one browser valid. In case someone uses Firefox for the first vote, and then Opera, the person can vote twice. In addition, if someone clears the browser's cookie cache, it is possible to vote again.Same as, log on via smartphone and second via tablet.

So, said that, I want to point at the topic, that the current available settings for single vote in corejommla does not work perfectly for anonymous votes. To improve your extension, you should introduce the feature of a ballot. this could be tied to a user and anonymously to a vote. this is then the trigger to restrict votes to a single vote via user name.

my question is now, when do you plan on correcting your extention, to implement this enhancement/improvement?

Regards,

Andreas

by » one month ago

Anonymous poll does not store any user information as the name suggests. However, I started adding a new feature to store user id in separate table without any data about what answer the user selected. This information can be used to restrict multiple votes.

This is already under development, you can expect within the next couple of weeks.

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.