I've created a poll for a website with nine items in a multiple checkbox format. I created a category and a poll, and am using the "Community Po0lls - Random Poll" module to select a specific poll to display.

I have two issues:

1. When I check boxes, click on the ReCaptcha, and "Vote", I am getting a message above the checkboxes that says, "invalid-keys".  I can't find any reference to this error anywhere, and searching the forums finds nothing.

2. I've tried to hide the title, but selecting hide title on the Options page doesn't work. I want to have the module use the Module title/styling, but the Community Polls title makes that title repeat.

Any ideas about what could be the problem?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Invalid-Keys message, and cannot hide the title

by » 4 months ago

1. Did you configure your reCaptcha plugin with your reCaptcha API keys?

2. The component options title setitng does not apply to random poll module, the module has its own style settings. Unfortunately there is no setting to hide the title. This is because the module was developed to show random poll (even though it supports specific poll id). To hide the poll title you need to edit and remove below code in modules/mod_randompoll/tmpl/default.php

<h4 class="page-title"><?php echo CjLibUtils::escape($poll->title);?></h4>

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 4 months ago

I've had the reCaptcha keys in place in Joomla and they've worked for a form module.  I double-checked the reCaptcha public and secret keys, and they seem to be correct.

In fact when I check the reCaptcha checkbox, it confirms me as a human.  If the reCaptcha module was not working, it would reject it at that point.

The message is from Community Forms itself, in the Message box that is inserted after clicking on the submit button. I'm not sure why the message says, "invalid_keys".

Do you have any other ideas on this matter?

===============

I will modify the title code to hide it.  Thanks for pointing me to the location.  I may use an override instead, but I'll have to see if that title has a unique class/ID.  I don't like to modify source code because it often breaks with an extension update.

by » 4 months ago

Could you please update v5.1.0 and check?

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 4 months ago

I just tried updating via Joomla Update, and got this error message when installing Community Polls:   "Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_."

The new file isn't available in the downloads area yet, so I need to wait for you to fix this.

Thanks.

by » 4 months ago

Did you update your downloadid in CjLib component options and enabled cjupdater plugin? You can get your key from the right sidebar on this page.

The file is updated in downloads, so you can download and manually install as well.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 4 months ago

I've updated both the CJLib and Community Polls successfully, cleared all caches, reloaded the page with the poll on it, and I'm still getting the "invalid_keys" error message in the error box.

Is the Easy Social Polls plugin supposed to be installed also?

Anything else I should try?

by » 4 months ago

I've done more testing.  I was finally able to get a successful result!

As you did, I assumed the "invalid_keys" message was related to reCaptcha in some way.  I tried changing to Invisible reCaptcha as the default for Joomla, but noticed that the Poll still used the regular checkbox reCaptcha.  This means you are coding the Poll to not give a choice, and are reading the reCaptcha plugins directly.

Then I decided to completely disable both Captcha plugins in Joomla.  The Poll worked!  However, it's not ideal to not have reCaptcha enabled.

So next I only enabled the Checkbox reCaptcha and disabled the Invisible reCaptcha plugin in Joomla, and now the Poll works with reCaptcha working.  There's no error message, and the votes are being counted.

My guess is that your plugin is somehow reading the Invisible reCaptcha key but using it for the Checkbox reCaptcha.

I need to do more testing, but it appears that I'm good to go.

Given that your Poll only works with the Invisible reCaptcha plugin completely disabled in Joomla, you probably should reevaluate how your extension is using reCaptcha.  Some people might want to use Invisible reCaptcha with the Poll, and others might run into the same issue and not figure out the answer.

Perhaps either build in a reCaptcha option in your configuration, or use the Joomla Default choice.

Thank you for your help.  I'll let you know if I have any additional issues.

by » 4 months ago

Glad that the issue fixed at least partially. The recaptcha display and validation is done by Joomla API, I have not coded any custom check. I will check the issue with invisible captcha and fix it.

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.