Optional "Answers As You Go" Testing Mode

jaystarkey
jaystarkey
  • jaystarkey
  • 11 months ago
Your community quiz component is really great! One of the things I like is the flexibility it has to become other things, too, with just a few tweaks. I can see it being a great tutorial/teaching tool as well as core "quiz" component. So, here's a suggestion that I assume wouldn't be too hard to implement:

Make a quiz mode that shows answers and feedback as you go.

In this testing mode, when a user clicks or types an answer and then immediately the correct answer is highlighted and a div with the answer explanation is shown -- users can keep selecting different answers until they get the right answer. If the answer type isn't radial or single select, you might have to include a button labeled "show answers" that would reveal the answer (to allow the user to finish typing or finish selecting all check boxes or whatever). Using jquery, you could then update the HTML to reflect the correct answer(s) and show the answer explanation.

This wouldn't be useful for a true quiz, but it would be great for an interactive tutorial with the goal of teaching, and it would expand the component to a wider range of uses. Think of it as CodeAcademy for Joomla. I'd definitely use it, and I think the potential educational uses are endless.

I don't see the need to change any of the other behaviors of the quizzing -- for example, the summary at the end could still be optionally shown (although the score is a lot less relevant in this case because it should be 100% in most cases). It would be a good final review.

I think the option should be either "off", "user choice", or "on", with off being (obviously) off, "user choice" allowing the user to manually enable it from the front end or choose regular testing mode, or "on" forcing the user to use the answers/feedback as you go testing mode.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 3 of 3 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai