JavaScript issues

sgiservizi
sgiservizi
  • sgiservizi
  • 9 months ago

Hello,

I am sorry for the amount of questions I'm asking, but I am experiencing some problems and I do need to make this component work.

I installed the 3.5.4 version of Community Quiz on my Joomla 2.5 website, and I ran into some errors while trying to use it.

First of all, I got this error: "Error: 500 JHTMLbehavior::tabstate not supported", which I solved by commenting a row in the communityquiz.php file.

After this was solved, I managed to create a category, a quiz and some questions; when I tested them on the front end, though, it wouldn't work, as several JavaScript errors happened. In particular, it would not find the jquery.validate library functions $(..).validate is not a function), and after solving that, it would not find plenty other JQuery that it needed, for example the countdown library.

The only way I found to fix them, and to make the front end actually work, was to re-write the load_jquery function (in the CJlib/framework folder) making it simply load all the needed libraries without checking any condition.

This way, my front end is working; the back end, though, is not working any more: JavaScript errors are popping out all over the place and it just won't let me perform any operation.

Has anything like this problem ever happened to any of your Joomla 2.5 customers?

Thanks in advance

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai