Hi,

I have two issues with Category Quizzes:
1. When I select "show answers" this has ho effect in Category Quizzes. I have set it to "Yes" in the component, in the category quiz and in all other quizzes in the category. For the single quizzes it works. For the category quizzes, it does not.

2. There is an option "Maximum Questions" for Category Quizzes. The tooltip says, enter 0 for no limit on number of questions. However, when I set it to 0, the Quiz ends immediately and shows not a single question. Setting it to any other value will run to that number or until all the questions are used. I would like to use 0. Then I also miss something like a "Finish" button in addition to "Continue" so that the user can indicate that he wants to finish.

Thank you for looking into these two issues!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Problems with Category Quizzes

by » 3 years ago

1. For category quiz only final score is shown and not the answers. This is working as designed. If you want to show answers, use standard quiz with multiple pages which is similar to category quiz. Category quiz has very limited options.

2. This must be a bug, will check and fix it. There is no end to category quiz until the questions are completed, so no finish button available. Users can simply close the browser or navigate to other page.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 3 years ago

1. The standard quiz from my perspective has the drawback of fixed number of questions and fixed sequence. As it is now, there is no way for the user to see whether he was correct unless he answers all the questions. The idea behind the quiz in my case is that people can in a break challenge their knowledge, so there is a base of 100 to 200 questions and they to 10 to 20 of them to see how they score.

2. Thank you for checking the bug. Without answers shown there is no chance at the moment that the user sees whether he was right, not at all if he does not run through all the questions.

So it would be great to have both topics addressed. That way I could generate a random learning quiz that would be revisited often by the users. Perhaps you can take it as feature suggestion for future releases?

Thank you and kind regards, Andreas

by » 3 years ago

1. I understand that. I will add support to show results in next version.

2. Will consider this.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 3 years ago

Thank you very much! This is excellent service quality and it makes your great extensions even better.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.