hello maverick,

i have 2 questions about the advanced-search feature, hope you can help.

1: i've noticed that in the categories-selection box, the only category that's shown is the one from the previous page.

for example - if i'm on a page of the category "Apples" (or a page of a quiz from that category) and i click the "advacned search link" - the only category that will be listed in that box is "Apples". 

i've tested this from a few categories pages, and each time the category of the page where i clicked the link, is the only one listed in the categories-selection box.

is that the normal way it should be? or is that a bug?

for me the "advanced search" page is a place to search all quizzes, and i would very much preffer it to list all categories, no matter which page i came from.

2. is there a way to hide some of the elements in that page?

i only want to show the search box itself, and the categories selection option. all other options are not relevant for searching on my site.

thank you very much 

yorai

online projects & marketing manager. Israel.

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: about Community Quiz's "Advacned Search"

by » 5 weeks ago

1. I cannot reproduce this on demo site, can you please let me know the steps to reproduce it?

2. Override the layout file components/com_communityquiz/layouts/LAYOUT/search_form.php

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 2 weeks ago

hello maverick,

thank you for the reply.

i'm not sure what are the steps to reproduce it, as i just built the website and the issue was there. i have a menu item for each quiz category, and i use the "advanced search" link in CQ toolbar's drop-down menu.

you can check it from this page: unseenimi.co.il/quiz/bagrut

since the site is in hebrew, please see attached screensot for the marked button of the search link. i'm attaching another screenshot of the search page with the categories box marked. you can see that the only category listed is the one from the previous page.

you can also go to any of the sub-categories from that page and check the link again - you will notice that only the previous page's category is listed in the search page's categories box.

i also tried to enter the search directly from this link: unseenimi.co.il/?view=search

when i do this, there are no categories listed in the categories box of the search page.

1 thought i have - could this be related to the fact that i use the joomla's "smart search" component, and the URL for that page is unseenimi.co.il/search ?

please let me know if i can provide any more information or do a test to find the reason for this....

about question 2 - thank you, i will try it - but please notice that currently i don't use any override for this page, so i don't thinkg the categories issue in the search page is related to any of my overrides (although i'm not 100% sure).

thank you

yorai

31118_2_asearch.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    31118_2_asearch-page.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 2 weeks ago

hi, just updating about the override to the search form - it wasn't in the file you mentioned (components/com_communityquiz/layouts/LAYOUT/search_form.php).

i found it in the file components/com_communityquiz/views/search/tmpl/default.php - and from there i was able to override it. so no this page DOES have an override - i can temporarily remove it if it would help solving the categories issue.

thanks

by » 2 weeks ago

hi again, it seems that if i'm logged in to the site's fron-end as a super-admin, i can see all categories in the categories-box.

but if i'm logged out or logged-in as a "registered" level user, i can only see 1 category as mentioned.

by » 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the explanation. Found where the issue is. Please follow below steps.

Edit components/com_communityquiz/views/search/tmpl/default.php and find below code

$categories = CjLibUtils::getCategoryOptions('com_communityquiz');

change it to

$categories = CjLibUtils::getCategoryOptions('com_communityquiz', 'core.respond');

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    CjFitCjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | Surveys | GPS Tools | CjBlog

by » 5 days ago

thank you maverick,

that code change solved the problem and now all the categories are shown.

but there is a problem with the search-results.

if i'm choosing a category or a few categories, when i click the "search" button i get an error page saying:

"0 Call to a member function getChildren() on null".

if i don't choose any category, then i'm redirected to the home page ("quiz list" view menu item) with what looks like a correct url (domain.com/?list_filter=תרגול+השלמת+משפטים&view=quizzes&filter_featured=) - but i see all the quizzes on the site in the list.

please advise.

thank you!

yorai

by » 5 days ago

I could not reproduce the issue. Can you send me the files from components/com_communityquiz/models folder so that I can check what is the issue?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.