Show a message after completion

Category: Community Quiz one month ago

Hello, I've been using Community Surveys for a while and like it. I just got the Community Quiz and create my first quiz.

1. I don't understand the "marks system" vs "response (correct answer) system" Is there more info about I can read? I want to grade my students for each complete correct answer and I would like them to know the percentage of correct answers they got.

2. I want to create a free quiz (not my students) but I want to collect their info (name and email). What would be the best way to do this? 

3. How can I show a message "Congratulations you passed" At the end without showing all the answers?  Also, how does the "Scorewise Messages" show? Do I need to create a message for each 1 point up to TOTAL POINTS (100 points = 100 messages) or how can I select a message from 10 to 30 points o 1 to 3 correct answers?

4. Where can I see the explanation of the data show at the end and can I decide if I want to show only certain values? (see image attached)

Thanks.

17465_1_Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 2.25.44 PM.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Show a message after completion

by » one month ago

1. Every answer holds some marks which you can enter beside your answer in the question form. When user select the correct answer, the marks assigned to it will be added up to the total marks if the answer is marked as correct answer. If the user selects all correct answers in a question (checkbox type question can accept multiple answers selected) , the correct question count will be incremented by one. The success ratio is based on number of correct questions, and the percentage is based on total marks secured.

P.S. In your question's customize tab, you can see an option "Sum-up All Answers". If this is selected, the marks that you give for each answer will be added up to the total marks irrespective of the answer is correct or not.

2. Add a couple of single line questions to accept them.

3. You just need to disable "Show report" option in your quiz/component options. The scorewise messages works on relative marks. That means, if you want to show message when user gets 5 marks and above, just enter one message for 5 marks. Not all 5,6,7, and so on.

4. Presently there is no option to customize what to show in that report. You need to override the layout file components/com_communityquiz/layouts/YOURLAYOUT/results/score.php

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 2 weeks ago

Hello again,

Thanks for your response. I tried to do what you recommended last time but I still can't make it work as I want.

I am creating a test. The test includes 20 questions (different types of questions including checkbox type question can accept multiple answers selected, etc.) my students need to get +14 to score as passed. 

1. Do I need to create 20 marks? (1 mark for each response)

2. When using a checkbox type with multiple answers. How can I score as 1 mark only if the answer all (3 checkboxes) correctly? (Do I need to mark .33 each or 1 mark each? How do I set up the radio grid and matching or of they match correctly it counts as 1 mark? Also if I use decimal grades, do I need to use the "Sum-up All Answers" option in the custom tab?

3. Can I show the final message only with # of CORRECT ANSWERS or do I need to relate the success ratio with the correct responses in order to grade them? Right now it doesn't show any message.

4. I want to have 3 messages below 70% ratio (-14 correct answers), between 70% and 85% (from 14 to 17 answers), and 90% and above (18 to 20 answers). How do I set up the Scorewise Messages? 

5. When you go back to other sections once you finish the quiz to review the answers in different pages, the system resets the "radio grid and matching" questions.

6. Some of my students were not able to see images in the quiz why was that? (see image attached).

7.Last question. Can I show a different END QUIZ page depending on the score of total marks?.

Thanks!

32967_2_noimageshow_gridquestion.jpeg (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 2 weeks ago

1. It's as per your requirement. The marks are calculated for the responses which are marked as the correct answer in your question creation form.

2. You can use decimals. Marks of all answers marked as correct will be added to the score. If you select sum-up all answers option, the correct answer check will be ignored and marks assigned to all the chosen answers by the user will be added to the score (irrespective of correct or wrong). But the number of correct questions will be calculated based on the correct answers that you choose.

For example see the below picture:

checkbox marks calculation

If sum-up answers enabled and user chooses answer 2 and answer 4, then he will be given 3 marks. If the sum-up answers is disabled and he chose answer 2 and answer 4, his marks will be 2. In both the cases, he answered wrong as he selected one of the wrong answers. So his response will not be added to correct questions number.

3. Scorewise messages display as per the total marks he scores. 

4. You can setup scorewise messages with marks only, not the correct questions. So if you have say 2 marks (correct answers) per question, and 20 total questions, setup first message for 14 marks, second message for 17 marks and third message for 18 marks.

5. Did you click on save button of those questions?

6. Inspect the image url in your browser and see what url it is pointing to.

7. No. presently only scorewise messages supported.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.