Quiz Options Overrides

Category: Community Quiz 7 months ago

hi maverick

here are the three screenshots where the overrides are not working with Link Titles and Show Author

First is the Component Options set to Yes and Show, with the second screenshot for the Quiz options set to No and Hide 

Running CQ5.1.1 and J3.9.15

Thanks

Steve - Adelaide, South Australia

17507_1_Component Options Link Title.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
17507_1_Quiz Extended Options.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
17507_1_Overrides.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Quiz Options Overrides

by » 7 months ago

The issue is caused by the Single Quiz layout menu item. You are using this menu item for showing quiz and its options are not overriding the quiz options and hence the issue. The issue caused by below code in components/com_communityquiz/models/quiz.php

$params = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_communityquiz');

this should be

$params = $app->getParams();

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 7 months ago

Thanks maverick

the file above appears twice in the file, line 31 and line 62.

I only changed line 31

But no difference, the Extended Options are not overriding the component options.

Changing line 62 causes the quiz page is not displayed, and there is an error message = call to member function getParams() on null

Steve - Adelaide, South Australia. 

by » 7 months ago

As I said, when you are using single quiz menu item, quiz options will be overridden by the menu options. So you need to change the value in your menu options, not the quiz options.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: 9128742

by » 7 months ago

hi maverick

Read your reply again and got it totally, apologies on my behalf

I assuming this file will need to be changed each time there is an upgrade to CQ? 

This just leaves the one outstanding topic and I guessing it is somehow relate, the Answers at the end of the quiz are still not shoeing after the above file change. The Report shows only 

Many Thanks

Steve, Adelaide - South Australia 

by » 7 months ago

I just took the survey and it does show the report with answer explanations. Am I missing something?

Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: 9128742

by » 7 months ago

Hi maverick

Believe the answer to be related to user access level, as you were able to view the answers with a higher access permission, where all my testing was undertaken just at a "registered" user level.

In the Edit the Quiz's, the "View Results" permission tab was set at Inherited for the registered user group.

Have amended accordingly to "Allowed" the results are now visible onscreen at the end of the quiz.

Thanks again and and as a relative website newbie (no formal training, just the school of Google), I really do appreciate your great timely feedback via the forum etc. which makes the Community Quiz Component excellent to understand and get the most out of it.

Steve - Adelaide, South Australia

Thank you said by: maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.