PDF Reports/Format

Category: Community Quiz 2 weeks ago

hi maverick

When downloading from the "Download PDF" button I am getting just a pdf file with the following %PDF-1.7%[]  The on screen reports displays fully and formatted with stats and answers etc. This is from the Reports>Responses and selecting any response

The PDF report that a user can email themselves at the end of the quiz is only showing part of the full print with formatting issues as well

Thanks

Steve - Adelaide, South Australia

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: PDF Reports/Format

by » 2 weeks ago

I am sorry but I cannot understand what exactly the issue is. Please send me detailed information via contact us form along with your website details.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 2 weeks ago

hi maverick

have resent valid login details and correct link via PM

Selecting "Reports" from Quizzes page, then Selecting "Responses" from the Choose different report dropdown option

Selecting any 'Author' to bring up their response and then clicking the 'Download' for that response, creates the pdf file in a new window just displaying %PDF-1.7[] on the page

Thanks

33001_2_3 Author selection.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33001_2_4 Response with Download option.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33001_2_5 Blank pdf file created.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » one week ago

The PDF is unable to generate and hence it shows the empty document. This is the known issue with large documents generation with the tcpdf. The HTML content output is poorly handled by tcpdf which often fails to handle large documents or which has images.

Since the tcpdf library isn't supported anymore, I am replacing it with browser print option as default pdf generation option. You can use print button to view printer  friendly report and use your browser print dialog to print to pdf.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 5 days ago

hi maverick

No problems with the work around as you describe above for back-end users etc.

However, when a person finishes the quiz, and they wish to receive a copy of the results from the Send results by email, again the pdf file that is sent, is incomplete (12 out of 28 answers)and has formatting issues. (sample copy attached)

If the email file is also related to the size of the tcpdf document, can you suggest a solution for the front-end user's pdf file which is required.

Thanks

Steve - Adelaide, Australia

33012_2_1_220 Quiz results.pdf (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 2 days ago

Hi maverick

As per your second post above, using the browser print option as the default pdf generation works well in the back-end for admin. Can this browser "print button" also be incorporated to do the same at the top of the Report and Answer page for front-end users. (attachment)

Then if the quiz is too large to be sent by email etc. admin has the option of turning off the 'Show Email results Option" to prevent any confusion for the front end user and they can easily have a copy of their results.

Thanks 

33048_2_Front-end Response.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » Yesterday

Yes, this is what I am planning to do as tcpdf is no more reliable.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » Yesterday

hi mavewrick

Great to hear - do you have any idea of a timeframe for the front-end user, as in my particular scenario.

Thanks

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.