Certificate Scores

Category: Community Quiz 7 months ago

hi maverick

Do the scores for the Certificate Rules act the same way as Scorewise Messages, so the various certificates created are based on the varying marks etc. I have three varying certificates as such, but the dowload message and button appear twice at the top when displaying the results and answers. 

Thnaks

Steve - Adelaide, Australia

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Certificate Scores

by » 7 months ago

Yes, certificate rules apply the same as messages.

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue to understand better?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 7 months ago

hi maverick

The first screen shot shows the doubled-up "Download your certificate" button, all working downloading the correct identical certificates.

The second screen shows three "Download your certificates" all working downloading the correct identical certificates

Included are the Certificate Rules.

It would appear it is creating the correct certificate based on the overall total mark achieved, and then a duplicate certificate for each level in the Certificate Rules. i.e. 3 Distinction certificates for marks 47 or above, and 2 Credit certificates for marks 45 to 47

Also, can the 'score' rules recognise a mark of 46.8, or does it round the number up/down to 47/46? 

Thanks

Steve - Adelaide, South Australia

33002_2_Results Page.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33002_2_3 Results Page.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33002_2_Certificate Rules.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 7 months ago

You are correct, its creating a certificate for all scores. It should be fixed to generate the certificate for only one score. I will fix this issue in next release.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: 9128742

by » 6 months ago

hi maverick

Thanks for 5.1.2 which has addressed the multiple displaying of "download your certificate.

From the screen shot attached, I have 3 certificates based on scores achieved. The quiz total marks are 49 and if you score between 35 and 44.9 is a Competent cert., 45 to 46.9 is a Credit cert. and 47 or above, is a Distinction. A score of 48.6 is producing a Competent cert. 

Thanks again

33099_2_Certificate Rules.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 6 months ago

Hi maverick

Just wanted to double check that it is possible to issue certain certificates based on total marks achieved, and whether a total mark being a decimal number (48.6) would cause an issue with the correct certificate allocation. (provided such an example in the last post above. .

Thanks

33109_2_Certificate Rules.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 6 months ago

9128742 wrote:

Hi maverick

Just wanted to double check that it is possible to issue certain certificates based on total marks achieved, and whether a total mark being a decimal number (48.6) would cause an issue with the correct certificate allocation. (provided such an example in the last post above. .

Thanks

Can you please explain the problem little more detailed?

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 6 months ago

Hi maverick

Additional info - as per the screenshot there are three different certificates which are dependent on the total marks received for the quiz. If you get between 35 and less than 45 marks, its a Competent Certificate, if the total mark is between 45 and 47  its a Credit certificate and marks greater than 48 matks it is a Distinction certificate.

However, a score of 48.6 should be a Distinction certificate, but it is only generating a Competent certifcate, becaue it greater than 35.

I wasnt sure if a decimal number or the certificate rules are causing the issue.

PS - the last update 5.1.2 stopped the visual triplication of download certificates in the results and answer report.

Thanks

33135_2_Certificate Rules.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 6 months ago

Please create the certificates in the ascending order of their scores.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 6 months ago

hi maverick

Have created the certificates in score ascending order (1st screenshot), but the lowest certificate (Competency 35 marks) is still only isuued for any mark greater than 45.

Seperate to the above, is it possible to have both the certificate and scorewise rules capable to recognising a decimal number and apply the rule accordingly? (2nd screenshot)  This is because community quiz's has such a great "answering mark system" where you can allocate decimal marks for partly answered questions. Therefore, a rule setting of 44.5 would allow the next whole number (45) to be the trigger mark to apply the correct certificate or scorewise message. 

Thanks

33143_2_Cert Rules asc.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33143_2_Dec Cert Rules.PNG (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 6 months ago

Your certificate might have already generated. Delete it from /media/com_communityquiz/attachments/certificates/ folder.

Will add support for float numbers in next version. You can do it by editing administrator/components/com_communityquiz/models/forms/subform_certificates.xml

<field name="score" label="COM_COMMUNITYQUIZ_FIELD_CERTIFICATE_RULES_SCORE_LABEL" size="5" type="text" filter="intval"/>

to

<field name="score" label="COM_COMMUNITYQUIZ_FIELD_CERTIFICATE_RULES_SCORE_LABEL" size="5" type="text" filter="float"/>

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.