View Author Profiles

Category: Community Quotes 5 weeks ago

In description of your script you have written: "Users can create author profile if the quote author not present. And each author has dedicated profile page."

How can I customize the author's profile view on the site using the example of Merlin Monroe?
On your demo site, this page doesn't work at all: https://demo.corejoomla.com/quotes/celebrities.html?id=5:marilyn-monroe&catid=119
Tell me how to set up author profile in Control Panel of Joomla for displaying  it on the website with a description of the author: photo, date of birth and biography?

If this is not possible, then in this case the description of your script does not correspond to reality.

17646_1_Screenshot_2020-09-25 Im selfish impatient and a little insecure I make mistakes I am out of control and at times hard t.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
17646_1_Screenshot_2020-09-25 Error 404 Category not found.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: View Author Profiles

by » 5 weeks ago

These issues were caused by recent Joomla upgrade with backward compatibility layer for Joomla 4 release. We just released Joomla 4 compatible version of Community Quotes which will fix these issues. Could you please upgrade to Community Quotes v4 and check? 

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 5 weeks ago

OK. In the new version, I was able to configure the display of the author's profile.
    Is there a way to remove the link to the author's category and country from the publication in the author's card and in the author's profile?
    I tried everything, I can't clean it.

33607_2_Screenshot_2020-09-25 Quotes.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
    33607_2_Screenshot_2020-09-25 Marilyn Monroe.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 5 weeks ago

You need to edit or override a couple of layouts for this.

components/com_communityquotes/layouts/YOURLAYOUT/authors_list.php

<div>

<?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITYQUOTES_LABEL_CATEGORY_NAME', $category);?>

</div>

components/com_communityquotes/layouts/YOURLAYOUT/author/details.php

<tr>

<th><?php echo JText::_('JCATEGORY');?></th>

<td>

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(CommunityQuotesHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($item->catid . ':' . $item->category_alias, $item->language, 'authors'));?>">

<?php echo $this->escape($item->category_title)?>

</a>

</td>

</tr>

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.