Hi Maverick,

Is there any way to EDIT contacts and contact groups? If not, I suggest that a tab is added on the Dashboard to add/edit Contacts & Contact Groups.

It will be great if contacts have custom fields in addition to name and email address... For example, I would like to create the following fields in the contacts:

- Designation

- Department

- Division

- Category

- etc

For Contact Groups, it will be great to have custom fields also:

- Company/Organization

- Category

- etc

Thanz!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Contacts & Contact Groups

by » 6 years ago

Presently there is no option to edit them, you can delete and add again. 

Since the contacts are used only for inviting, adding these fields will make no use. 

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 6 years ago

Hi Maverick,

If there are no use, I wouldn't have suggested them.

Firstly, the custom fields allow more data to be associated with the contacts and the groups as you can see from the examples I'd given.

Secondly, the fields can be used in reports.

The use of such fields are limitless for developers like me who need more detailed reports based on how the respondents are categorised (not just based on groups but other data such as department, location, etc). Right now, there's no way to identify them further other than the groups, which cannot be edited as well.

Perhaps, you could point to the JS files where the code can be modified to add more fields in the add Contacts AND also upload CSV function. I would presume that I will need to alter the specific table as well to allow additional custom fields.

Thank you

by » 6 years ago

What I suggest is to modify the import function to allow multiple fields so that you can import from csv file instead of entering on the screen.

Here are the steps.

Line 363 of administrator/components/com_communitysurveys/invite.php

array_push($contacts, array('name'=>trim($data[0]), 'email'=>trim($data[1])));

Change it to to have your fields

array_push($contacts, array('name'=>trim($data[0]), 'email'=>trim($data[1]), 'department'=>trim($data[2]),....   ));

Now change the model function to insert your data.

components/com_communitysurveys/models/survey.php function add_contacts

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 6 years ago

Thank you, Maverick. I will try the code soon!

May I know where do I modify to display the new columns in the Contacts page? Please refer below image.

And on the front-end, please refer below

by » 6 years ago

(administrator/)components/com_communitysurveys/views/invite/tmpl/default_contacts.php

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.